Kinetic Client Self Update Requires Admin Rights

Were just giving support a hard time. You know us! :slight_smile: Thank you for the kind words :smiley: it only highlights that I need better hobby, and I agree with you, it may be a simple change to fix.

Patrick to the rescue! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@pferrington Thank you for stepping up for a customer in need! It will be much simpler to upgrade if I can focus on fixing our customizations instead of creating additional installation scripts. The case number is CS0003173040. The tech I’m working with re-closed the case on me. Let me know if you need any additional information from me.

@pferrington - any luck with getting this patched? I just went live with Kinetic 2022.1.16 and having the exact same issue with Kinetic.exe described here. Swapping out the shortcut to point to Epicor.exe resolves the elevation prompt.

Many Thanks
Mark

Yes this is painful to set up new installs since our IT department insists on manually updating the shortcuts. Would be great if someone at Epicor could take a look at fixing this

We will be installing a patch next month and just hoping we can stop our manual workaround for client installation. Has anyone heard if this has been fixed or if there is a target release? We are on 2022.1.12 and will be updating for the next patch

I’m sorry I can’t answer that question but good luck with the upgrade.