Kinetic Configurator Error

I am in the process of creating Kinetic Configurators scratch but, at times, when I go to publish the shell of a configurator (all the controls with no code behind them) I am getting an error on the server that I cannot seem to figure out. Has anyone seen this and have an idea as to why it would be generated?

Error Below
Ice.Common.EpicorServerException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form. at System.IO.Path.NewNormalizePath(String path, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths) at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths) at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path) at Ice.Services.Common.MetaFX.SharedService.BuildKey2(String rootPath, String path) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE4.1.100.10\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\Ice.Common.MetaFX\SharedService.cs:line 27 at Ice.Services.Common.MetaFX.DBConentLoader.Exists(String path) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE4.1.100.10\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\Ice.Common.MetaFX\ContentLoader\DBConentLoader.cs:line 69 at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Helper.JsonMerger.readJsonFile(String file) at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.Helper.JsonMerger.Load(String metaFilePath, String _type, JObject localizedStrings, Boolean shouldConvertToHierarchicalStructure, LayerRequest layerRequest, String pageName, Boolean isUntranslated) at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.AppStudio.Metadata.abstract.BaseMetadataType.HasJToken(String viewId, String tokenId) at Epicor.MetaFX.Core.AppStudio.Metadata.abstract.BaseMetadataType.Publish(EpMetaFxSaveRequestEx request, Func1 currentCultureName, Func3 localizedStringsFunc) at System.Collections.Generic.List1.ForEach(Action1 action) at Erp.Services.BO.ErpMetaFxSvc.PublishApp(EpMetaFxSaveRequestEx request) in C:_releases\ERP\ERP11.1.100.10\Source\Server\Services\BO\ErpMetaFx\ErpMetaFx.cs:line 301 at Erp.Services.BO.ErpMetaFxSvcFacade.PublishApp(EpMetaFxSaveRequestEx request) in C:_releases\ERP\ERP11.1.100.10\Source\Server\Services\BO\ErpMetaFx\ErpMetaFxSvcFacade.cs:line 516 — End of inner exception stack trace — at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Ice.Hosting.RestApi.OperationInvokeHelper.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.b__0(Object obj) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE4.1.100.0\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\ServiceCaller\OperationInvokeHelper.cs:line 402 at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.InnerInvoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE4.1.100.10\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 59 at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE4.1.100.10\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 28 — End of inner exception stack trace —

Thanks
Travis

I’m facing the same issue. Did you find a solution to this?

Not yet, EpiCare has sent it off to Development but no response yet.

Just had this crop up for us too. Any chance you’ve had a resolution?

Still nothing yet. We just installed a release that has a bit of configurator updates, so I am going to try again and see what happens.

The Epicor Cloud team solved this problem for us. They had to run an SQL script for it to work again. It was the following SQL script:

select * from Ice.SysConfig where Key1=‘KineticUseFileSystemNotDB’
UPDATE Ice.SysConfig SET SysCharacter01 = ‘true’ where Key1 = ‘KineticUseFileSystemNotDB’

This is only a workaround. There is no general fix yet.

1 Like