Kinetic Dashboard - group by results in no data

Currently on version 2023.1 and have been slowly migrating dashboards to kinetic. I am having issues with users loading large amounts of data and not being able to group the data. I had a look at the classic view and for the date range they are using, there’s roughly 50k records being shown. In the Kinetic view, I can scroll down through the list and it will eventually populate everything, but once I go to group by a field, it says “No records available”. I’ve tried messing around with the page size, but then the screen does not load and eventually times out. Anyone else run into this type of issue or have any tips?

What happens if you change Max Records Options to something greater than 50k?

Can you add a download button on your landing page?

I don’t even have a button for Options. Are you in a later version or is there something I need to enable on my system in order to see that? I did create a ticket with Epicor and they said this is a known issue. Their workaround really doesn’t work. I refresh but still don’t get any data. I remove the column being grouped and then the data comes back.

PRB0270492 - New UI Kinetic Dashboard scroll down records then apply Group By column and grid shows ‘No records available.’ Description

Problem Description: New UI Kinetic Dashboard scroll down records then apply Group By column and grid shows ‘No records available.’
Expected Behavior: Should work similar to grouping prior to scrolling down records.
Workaround: Click on card overflow and refresh to repopulate the card.
Additional Information:
Error Message:
Test made on Training server (Y/N, version): Yes, 2023.1.10
Broken with upgrade/update? (Y/N):
Last version where it worked properly:
Log file or screen shots included (Y/N):
Screenshot 2024-04-16 112034

We’re on 2023.2. Do you have a test environment you can keep on the latest major release? We have one with the Epicor EDU database to make it easy to recreate issues for the EpiCare analysts.

Yeah, we do have a test environment, but currently on the same version as production. I’ll probably spin up a new vm and test out the latest version then. Thanks for your help!