Kinetic Dashboard with Publish/Subscribe - Tracker view not populating

We have a dashboard in Classic that uses Publish/Subscribe to populate a bunch of grids and trackers. In the case of a single row, we lined up the fields nicely in a tracker view rather than a grid. When porting this over to Kinetic, the tracker views are not populating. I contacted Support and they promoted it to a Problem (link below). The workaround is to include a grid in the dashboard and populate the tracker via the grid. But I’d rather not have extra cards cluttering up the dashboard. Has anyone else encountered this and come up with a way to populate the tracker in Application Studio?

Epicor Problem

I don’t think you need an extra grid, you just need to bind those text controls to the dataview that your grid is using. I think you’ll probably need to bind View.Column to each text box individually because “trackers” don’t tracker in Kinerter.

Edit: this is the way

Thanks, Conley. That is exactly the way it is set up when the Kinetic app is first created. There is a dataview for the BAQ I’m using in the tracker (IA_ProjectShipTo_3_0), and each field is bound to that dataview. However, I don’t think that dataview is being populated from the BAQ. If I add a grid I can go through Grid Model > Provider Model > BAQ etc. but I don’t have that in the tracker since there’s no grid. I’m thinking I might need an event to populate that dataview? Simply adding the BAQ to the Server View for the dataview didn’t help.

Does it fill if you refresh all? You may just need a refresh event on form load. But I am am also completely new at this.

Actually that data view looks weird, did you try setting the schema to BAQ and select the same BAQ as your grid provider?

Yes, I did try that and it didn’t work

Change the binding from IA_ProjectShipTo_3_0.ShipToName to IA_ProjectShipTo_0_0.ShipToName. (Note the number change).

The _0_0 dataview will typically be the grid’s binding.
Epicor creates _1+ for trackers and whatnot.

There is no IA_ProjectShipTo_0_0 dataview—I assume because there’s no grid for that BAQ, just a tracker. Do you think there’s a way to populate the tracker dataview or create a new one and populate it—or should I just add a (temporary) grid and wait for Epicor to fix this?

It just needs to be whatever the grid is bound to in the Data > Grid Model > EpBinding field.

I don’t have a grid for that BAQ, just a tracker. So no Grid Model, etc.