Kinetic Freezing for One User

Hello All,

BPM Window hangs-10.2.600.10 - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

This thread discusses a specific form that causes the system to hang. I am having this issue with a user, but it doesn’t seem to be specific to a form. It happens randomly throughout the day.

Epicor freezes up and we can only close it from the task manager. I haven’t started a client trace yet, but will soon. This doesn’t happen to me or other users.

Any ideas on what it may be or suggestions for troubleshooting?

Haven’t called Epicor yet, will do that soon.

-Utah

What binding is this user using (net.tcp or https?)

Is this user remote? Has an aggressive power saving setting?

Kinetic 2022.1 doesn’t allow net.tcp. Is there some way she could be connecting in that manner?

I saw 10.2.500 in your profile…sorry.

If using the classic client, you could check the .sysconfig file but I would doubt she’s using .net.tcp in K2022.1.

Have you tried updating their Computer. I recall not long ago seeing that Windows has a bug where it hangs GDI Applications.

This is one of them, but there was another one more recent.

After installing KB5006674 or a later update, certain apps might have unexpected results when rendering some user interface elements or when drawing within the app. You might encounter this issue with apps that use GDI+ and set a zero (0) width pen object on displays with high dots per inch (DPI) or resolution, or if the app is using scaling.

It’ll be tough to diagnose. The user may have a hidden prompt somewhere among other things.

Mark I will update my version and add the other version we are on.

My apologies.

1 Like

Does the user have any Widgets (BAQ) attached to their home-screen?

SELECT FROM [Ice].[ShellLayoutPersonal] where userid='name of the user'

Just the default home page widgets. No BAQs that I know of.