Kinetic from a browser - how to print

I notice the threat it brings based on the file access too…

Either way I need something so that I can use the browser. And we don’t always have printers networked so I was hoping to be able to set up the client to see local printers.

Mark, I downloaded the edge agent from company maintenance. This is also another way to download it.

I am looking for instructions on how to set it up, not how to download it (although that is the first step). Furthermore, I want to know how to set it up so that it sees printers local to the client.

Thanks for your help getting to the first step and your comments on the edge agent itself. I feel the same way and the browser thread would be cool.

Gotcha Buddy!

Once installed, right click on the icon in the System Tray:

Choose the unobvious diagnostics page. This opens a web page as the Edge Client has a built-in web server.

Currently, I’m getting connection errors here on my Kinetic Test but I guess that’s why the diagnostics are there! :rofl:

1 Like

I got a PDF of how to set it up for local, but it was a pdf and not a link to epicweb so I can’t share it here.

It was as easy as downloading the edge agent, choosing local instead of network setup, then entering app server URLS.

I can’t seem to allow the download of the agent for my users even though I have it selected in company maintenance.

In short, I got it to connect and printed to a local printer of mine using the browser + edge agent.

I’ll upload a link to the document if I am provided one.

1 Like