Kinetic Functions and Application Studio

Hi, Am plunging into the pure Kinetic environment.
Are there any useful guides or docs that describe creating functions or in depth Application Studio writeups?
Attempting what was a simple task, From Quote Entry , doing a lookup to the Customer Table to copy the Customer Comment to the Quote Comment. None of the familiar BPM tt temp tables seem present. The BPM designer is not providing me with temp tables to load via query using function. Even tying a BAQ to a button or view event is daunting in the Layer. Anyone please share some wisdom. Hope it is not to early for any answers. Thanks.

1 Like

As update to perhaps help others, I have found the following:

Data Directives still appear to allow using tt temp tables in the Execute Custom Code Widget. Attempting to Lookup and update a table through it.

There is a fairly large PDF titled Kinetic_AppStudioUserGuide_2023.1.pdf which I am going to dive into.

Much of what was accomplished in Form Customization appears to be replaced with Library / Functions. Reusable blocks consisting of Widgets and Widgets w Code. Hoping to find a tech reference for this feature. Here you can also call / interact with Business Objects.

Application Studio retains Views / Rules / Events available in the Left Pop Up Menus.

Still feels like am fumbling around in the dark, but seeing familiar objects is reassuring.

Feel free to add wisdom as it is greatly appreciated…

There are a metric ton of posts here about how to complish almost anything in app studio

Look in experts corner for posts from @hmwillett

1 Like

Am figuring out solutions to tasks, thanks. Will keep looking through posts.

Used to call BAQ reader from customization alot to fill objects unrelated to the current view. So far haven’t found a like solution. Can anyone point me to the post ?

Will keep on stubbing my toes exploring, no pain no gain.

thanks…

To clarify, how do I replace the following in Kinetic

cmbpartrev = (Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraCombo)csm.GetNativeControlReference("8ba6336e-50bb-4814-9f5d-4c85237c4f81");

DynamicQueryAdapter dqa = new DynamicQueryAdapter(oTrans);
	dqa.BOConnect();		
	QueryExecutionDataSet qeds = dqa.GetQueryExecutionParametersByID("getPartRev");
	qeds.ExecutionParameter.Clear();

qeds.ExecutionParameter.AddExecutionParameterRow("part", myPart.Text, "nvarchar", false, Guid.NewGuid(), "A");

dqa.ExecuteByID("getPartRev", qeds);
	if (dqa.QueryResults.Tables["Results"].Rows.Count > 0)
	{
		cmbpartrev.DataSource = dqa.QueryResults.Tables["Results"];
		cmbpartrev.DisplayMember = "PartRev_RevisionNum";
		cmbpartrev.ValueMember = "PartRev_RevisionNum";
		oTrans.NotifyAll();
	}

@hmwillett created a thread showing how to use many of the Kinetic components, including a combo. You can find it here.

Very Nice… Thanks for that. Is hooking the result to a TextBox very different ? Am placing a Textbox on a form to be populated with the result of a BAQ. The data doesn’t appear though. Tried placing it in a Panel Card tied to a custom view bound to the BAQ. Imagine I have to fire the GET event of the custom view. Still fumbling about, but things are coming into focus… Have good day :wink:

Hannah is doing these alphabetically, but I image that the binding is similar to the Numeric control where the EpiBinding is set to the View.Column.

Thanks for the Reply.
Am adding these Updates as they help others too.
In trying to activate my text field, I created a button on the form. In the OnClick event added myCustomView-event-enable → myCustomView-Get.
Preview → Click Button → experience sudden joy :slight_smile:
Now can remove my button and find a form or view event my textbox is on and add the button events to it to fill my textbox without the need of the button.
Finding familiar objects in Application Studio , just hooking them together is the initial challenge. Just like in E10 customizations , getting hands dirty trying and using logic eventually produces results.
Looking forward to using reusable function objects hooked with REST process steps to really get cooking in Kinetic.

The wiki type posts by hmwillett are very helpful as are the others.

Hope all have a Great Day …

1 Like

PS → I can see the day coming when we trade / sell Custom Library Functions like BaseBall cards… :face_with_peeking_eye:

https://www.epiusers.help/t/lets-share-useful-functions-sharing-is-caring/100371

3 Likes