Kinetic - Looping through rows - SelectSerialNumbersEntry

You have a dataset (a view) with a table CSVRows, which is populated with CSVRow objects, and each object has a property “Col0”.

To add as many rows as you have in your dataset, you need to do:

foreach (CSVRow row in FuncDS.CSVRows)
{
    row-add(row); // Your binding will then be {row.Col0}
}

I’ll leave it up to you to translate the pseudocode into a Kinetic event with widgets.

ezgif-4-81e91fdae1

try {FuncDS[0].Col0}, see if it adds one row

or possibly {FuncDS.CSVRows[0].Col0}

{FuncDS.CSVRows[0].Col0}

Either way, I think he just needs to move on to the row add loop.

Welcome to my world. Can I get you a drink? :joy:

I think you owe her a case.

A brewery :joy:

I can tell you syntax is the least of your issues, but I know for a fact that it would be {FuncDS.Col0} IF there exists a dataview called FuncDS and there’s a column in CSVRows that is named Col0.

The bigger issue here is the SerialNumberSelection dataview can head down to Tiajuana and do some things to some animals. :expressionless:

Little late now, and I’d still like to know the answers to what we are working on…

But are we going down the right path? There is a button on the screen called “Retrieve To Selected”…
It calls RetrieveSerialNumbers… and we are back in BPM Land…

Also, what we are doing, how is it going to help? The original thread said you wanted to import serial numbers. This is just the selection?

The problem isn’t with manipulating the data, it’s with App Studio being a wanker and not taking the data back and plopping it in the SerialNumberSelection dataview.

Amen

Still, what exactly are we doing? Educate me, because I don’t use serial numbers.

If you populate that grid, what is going to happen? Are those serials already in the db?
What? I’ve gotten lost at this point.

They become apart of the dataset when selected and you hit Ok.

If you don’t hit Selected and just close the slideout. They will be wiped.

The problem is with the SerialNumberSelection dataview not being populated after the function has completed. I’m praying @hmwillett works it out. I’m going to continue tomorrow.

I have even tried creating the serial numbers via the function code. (Didnt work) the user doesnt even know theyve been added.

It seems it does it on the fly, weird dataview.

There is SelectSerialNumbers and SerialNumberSelection both have similar columns. In the classic version you would just add new row to Available dataview and boom. It would be done. Totally different in Kinetic.

It’s not, I promise. We just aren’t looking at something right.

So what is the end goal here, to create serial numbers, or select them?

It actually is configured differently than what was in classic.

1 Like

I mean how it works on the backend.