Kinetic Scroll Bars

Has anyone noticed the scrollbars are super thin in Kinetic? Is there way to make them thicker? See sample screenshot.

Its pain to have to hover the mouse perfectly over top to drag it left or right. Just seems odd

1 Like

No way to change it; it’s horrible.
I submitted a case against it awhile ago.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Aaron. Did your case ever make it to a Problem Ticket? Or does it have to be proposed as an new Idea/Enhancement? I can always as one also.

Problem PRB0240179.
It was accepted 2 months ago with no updates since then.

1 Like

This isn’t just a Kinetic thing. This is in every browser and in Windows too. If you search thin or skinny scroll bars, you’ll get a ton of hits with various suggestions.

Probably five years ago, people were complaining that the scroll bars were taking up too much screen real estate. :man_shrugging: :rofl:

1 Like

I just entered a case as well and good old Daniel DiEsposti picked it up and let me know that he had complained about this on an other case and that later development declined the Problem since they considered it to be an enhancement and encouraged me to post an idea at Epicor ideas.
I didn’t find an existing Idea so I posted a new one, here it is, vote it up:
Larger Scrollbars | Epicor Kinetic Ideas (aha.io)
KIN-I-3258
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-3258

2 Likes

Upvoted! I hate these small scroll bars! I use Edge and all my other websites have scroll bars that work just fine. Kinetic has a totally different style of scroll bar that overrides Edge’s default scroll bar.

1 Like

Also consider @Mark_Wonsil idea which could also address the bigger accessibility issue:
Provide a method to add ARIA-Labels (Roles and | Epicor Kinetic Ideas (aha.io)