KKR explores $5 billion sale of Epicor Software - sources

This sounds like what we are thinking about too!!! We receive items that we really should records as Lot numbers, with their own attachments ( a mill spec certification sheet for each’ thing’) and scanning those via the barcode would be really easy too!

Glad I could help spark some ideas @Doug.C!

Now … can you send some time my way? I seem to have misplaced about 6 hours.

2 Likes

Wish I could have attended :frowning: Just could not find a way to fit into schedule.

@josecgomez We are implementing with GoLive beginning Oct. Full DocStar/Ancora, APR, Service Connect, QuickShip only thing I know we not doing out the gate is payroll that is through ADP.

1 Like

We just went live in March and DocStar was and still is a huge struggle. It is not integrated into various E10 areas like Inspection Processing. We purchased the ECM but they would not give us import rights or any workflow functionality for all out documents because we did not buy AP.

It has been super messy trying work with anyone to fix anything. I have submitted bugs, but E10 and the DocStar teams point fingers at each other about who’s fault it is. Apparently DocStar cannot access anything in E10 that is a SQL View “because it is a virtual table”. Anyway we are seriously looking for a more open transparent document management system if anyone has suggestions.

@CSmith - do you want to have a chat about some things? I’m open for knowledge sharing all the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mike_M - Sounds like your situation has some problems. I’ll agree that the Epicor development team hasn’t fully assimilated the Docstar code into their cycle of sprints, and I know they have a good size backlog. I’ve had good success with them doing a few one-offs for some bugs (like LDAP integration) that made it into the latest release, so I know they’re working on stuff.

As for importing documents, there is a licensing ‘thing’ when using OCR, but the Docstar client process handles all the batch importing you want to do. I’m working through 100k documents now and not using Ancora/OCR for any of it because I’m bringing in the metadata via CSV and XML.

But your other two comments have me intrigued as to how you are trying to use it. Docstar is never ‘integrated’ into Epicor other than how many hooks Epicor has for Attachments. It’s always been a one-way street with ERP -> ECM. Docstar allows for pushing back attachment links and querying for data inside Epicor (for use in Metadata or workflows). I do this stuff all over the place.

Epicor has attachment links in DMR/Corrective Actions, ECO, Equipment Maintenance plans, Inspection Attributes and Results, Maintenance Requests, PartRev Inspection Plans and about 100 more. When you create a document type and associate it with one of those entities, the link is built into Docstar and you’re ready to go.

As for accessing SQL data inside Epicor and ‘virtual tables’, I’m wondering what you mean because you set up the DataLinks, and they are pure SQL, so ANY object inside the database is fair game. I do this a lot as well.

And if you’ve got the workflow modules and maybe forms, there’s not much you can’t do.

I’d really like to chat with you and see what’s going on. I know a few of the guys on yesterday’s call got some great ideas from my examples and our conversation, perhaps we could do that same.

1 Like

Thank you Mike

2 Likes

@MikeGross I would appreciate a chat once I have a few more things to talk over. I find often I gain insights by following along on other issues and the framework becomes more clear for me. Thank you for your kind offer!!

1 Like

Sounds like they are close to finding their buyer.

1 Like

They don’t have a single tech company in their portfolio. But then again, Koch Industries bought Infor…

Looks like a done deal.

It’s an interesting purchase…

KKR confirms sale of Epicor to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice

KKR confirms sale of Epicor to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (NYSE:KKR) | Seeking Alpha.

I’m surprised it sold that fast. Considering the last time KKR put it up it didn’t sell.

I would count Sirius as a tech company.

Founded in 1980 with headquarters in San Antonio, TX, Sirius is a privately held, leading national solutions integrator focused on helping organizations transform their business by managing their operations, optimizing their IT, and securing it all. With over 2,700 employees, multiple offices across the U.S., and a team of experts with more than 5,000 professional and technical certifications, the Sirius team specializes in IT Strategy (Infrastructure and Operations), Security, Business Innovation (Digital and Data), Cloud, and Managed Services. Sirius solutions are built on proven technologies from top strategic partners, and delivered by the brightest minds in the business.

That sounds like they buy companies that have room for improvement in the way the company’s IT and systems operate. It will be interesting to see what improvements they could to a software company.

Or am I really mistaken in thinking that companies that produce productivity software, would actually have decent grasp on using software in their own company?

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is an American private equity company. It is one of the oldest private equity investment firms in the world.

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC operates as a private equity firm. The Company invests in retail, healthcare, technology, and consumer products sectors, as well as offers investment management, advisory, and other financial services.

I see Hertz on their portfolio, didnt they just go bankrupt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They did…

1 Like

Looks like they do own MOD Pizza, Sirius… I like the concept of Mod Pizza! Refreshing, New, Cool.

Isn’t Bankruptcy just a way for companies to legally get out of paying their bills?
:wink:

2 Likes