KKR explores $5 billion sale of Epicor Software - sources

It’s an interesting purchase…

KKR confirms sale of Epicor to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice

KKR confirms sale of Epicor to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (NYSE:KKR) | Seeking Alpha.

I’m surprised it sold that fast. Considering the last time KKR put it up it didn’t sell.

I would count Sirius as a tech company.

Founded in 1980 with headquarters in San Antonio, TX, Sirius is a privately held, leading national solutions integrator focused on helping organizations transform their business by managing their operations, optimizing their IT, and securing it all. With over 2,700 employees, multiple offices across the U.S., and a team of experts with more than 5,000 professional and technical certifications, the Sirius team specializes in IT Strategy (Infrastructure and Operations), Security, Business Innovation (Digital and Data), Cloud, and Managed Services. Sirius solutions are built on proven technologies from top strategic partners, and delivered by the brightest minds in the business.

That sounds like they buy companies that have room for improvement in the way the company’s IT and systems operate. It will be interesting to see what improvements they could to a software company.

Or am I really mistaken in thinking that companies that produce productivity software, would actually have decent grasp on using software in their own company?

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is an American private equity company. It is one of the oldest private equity investment firms in the world.

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC operates as a private equity firm. The Company invests in retail, healthcare, technology, and consumer products sectors, as well as offers investment management, advisory, and other financial services.

I see Hertz on their portfolio, didnt they just go bankrupt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They did…

1 Like

Looks like they do own MOD Pizza, Sirius… I like the concept of Mod Pizza! Refreshing, New, Cool.

Isn’t Bankruptcy just a way for companies to legally get out of paying their bills?
:wink:

2 Likes

yeah but because of the pandemic situation …where no one were alloud to leave home for leisure but only for nececities… as a lot of companies went down…

I wonder how about the other players (Budget, Entreprise…etc… ) how they got through…

“MOD Pizza” - Do the specialize in cutting pizzas, so that no mater how many people are eating it, they all get an equal number of slices?

So you don’t have 3 people sharing a pizza cut into 8 pieces.

I.E. 8 MOD 3 != 0

3 Likes

Airlines, hotels, car rentals, etc… none of them have great balance sheets right now.

Rental business at airports was so bad in Philly, that the rental car companies had to buy parking space from the local sports arena to store all the unrented cars.

Johnson/Evinrude/OMC also shuttered for good during the pandemic.

@ckrusen our mall lots were filled with rental company overflow cars it was a sight to behold how many they keep in circulation compared to the handful that just sit ready to go.

3 Likes

Similarly, I was surprised to see my local city council revoking permits for a few of the auto repair businesses here.
Due to repeated incidents of parking “sprawl”.
Apparently the lack of auctions limits the ability to turn the inventory over.

Yes, personally I have experience with bankruptcy of 2 companies. Unsecured creditors and unsecured loans suffers but receivership companies who manages liquidation process makes bucket load of money in the process charging between $200 (graduate with 1 year experience) to $500 (Principal consultant) per hour.

https://www.nasdaq.com/videos/tradetalks%3A-clayton-dubilier-rice-to-acquire-epicor-from-kkr-co

Around 1:20 Steve Murphy -

“Microsoft Zoom”

:joy:

Sure he didn’t say “Microsoft Zune” ?

1 Like