KKR explores $5 billion sale of Epicor Software - sources

I’d definitely like to chat about what can and can’t be done. We are in still working through various month end and job maintenance issues, but our Doc management is in real need of attention. I’ll collect some info and PM you with some details.

1 Like

If the deal was brokered over MS Teams on an iPhone, does Apple get 30% of that $5b?

Sounds good @Mike_M

Missed this post - haven’t been on the forums for a couple weeks. Happy to answer any queries, and gutted that I missed the Teams Meeting. Happy to contribute on next one…

We have docStar v19.1 currently, but I believe the now released v20 is “kinetisied”.

nope… I’ve got v20 running and it looks the same. They added the Epicor Identify stuff and a few other things but the interface is still original…

LOL - And I was thinking you left me hanging out to dry on this whole thread!! :laughing: I think I did good by the folks who needed the info, but it looks like you and I are now considered the EpicUser’s Docstar resident experts…

Hmmm… Is there a Badge for that??

2 Likes

Should be a badge…!

The topic title wouldn’t have given away that it was docStar related either… :slight_smile:

@MikeGross - Have they fixed the SSO issues by going to the Epicor Identity? We see weird SSO issues on version v19.0.40452.

From the screenshots and demo from Epicor I seen it looks the same. :man_shrugging:t2:

We’re on v20 and NOT using Epicor Identity - and the SSO works just fine with Azure AD…

I worked back and forth with the DocStar Team for weeks on the SSO issues. At one point some “senior” DocStar engineer said that our issue would be fixed in the next version of DocStar and for now just deal with it. I wonder if they made that change? It was my understanding that Epicor Identity was their own IDP. Which isn’t what Epicor uses for the underlying SSO in ERP.

I was told iDP wont be prime time until 700. That is if @Olga can get enough time to finish it with all the changes :smiley:

2 Likes

My part was finished long ago :slight_smile:
but yes, this is SSO for Epicor products, not a Windows SSO, at least now, when it is a cloud offering only.

Do you know if they made any changes to the DocStar authentication as part of v20? Other than the Epicor Identity stuff. We are all on-prem so doesn’t apply to us.

I don’t know

before we got Azure AD/SSO working, we used LDAP as an identity provider (we’re on prem as well) and it worked as well. Pretty sure that was in v19 but the latest patch b/c we had issues with it in v18 and early v19. Specifically, the LDAP doesn’t do recursion, so dynamic AD security groups, or groups within groups do not automatically import.

I just did the v20 upgrade, and mine is Kinetisied… photo for proof.

1 Like

I don’t really call that Kinetic as the controls are not really the same, but it does look a little different than the previous version!! I was hoping for a truly similar UIx to 10.2.600 but maybe that’ll be in the next version.

That’s better looking for don’t think that’s true Kinetic. But glad they are at least working on it.

1 Like

@markdamen There will be likely be another request. My project is getting restarted next month and all of the stuff @MikeGross showed is already foggy for me.