Labor Entry BPM question

Greg,
Thanks for the input.  This worked brilliantly, so now I'm on to the next piece of it.

Thank you!
Theresa

I am trying to create a BPM that will query information at the part master from labor entry (MES).  I am able to access the information that I want, but it is unreasonably slow, and I can’t figure out why. I’m hoping someone can help me out (or tell me that it is what it is, and I can quit banging my head against the wall).  Here is the story:

We have  a UD (Part.UserInteger1) field on part to hold the customer number associated with that part. 

I have created a Data Directive on LaborDtl, with a query, which if the results are more than 0, should pop up a message (just for testing).

For each ttLaborDtl no-lock, each JobHead no-lock, each Part no-lock

Where ttLaborDtl.RowMod = “A”

And ttLaborDtl.Company = JobHead.Company

And ttLaborDtl.JobNum = JobHead.JobNum

And JobHead.Company = Part.Company

And JobHead.PartNum = Part.PartNum

And Part.UserInteger1 = 284

(Spacing and returns entered only for readability, I know you can’t use them in the BPM query).

This query does pop up the message, but it take 6.5 minutes.  There is no reason that I can see that it should take that long.  What am I missing?

We are running on 9.05.700C SQL data, and our database is around 500gb.

Any suggestions?

Theresa Goering

Tecomet

System Analyst

5212 Aurelius Rd  Lansing, MI 48911

e-mail: Theresa.Goering@...

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance of this transaction is prohibited and may be unlawful. This email transmission may contain information controlled for export purposes under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and is intended for the recipient only.  No export, sale, transfer, release or other disposition of this information is permitted without prior authorization from the U.S. Government.

The Tecomet OEM Solutions I.T. Department values our Employees thoughts and feedback. Please take our anonymous survey by clicking here.

I have a similar bpm on Labor.Update that writes to our time clock software. I changed it to be close to your requirements.

On my dev system it runs in under a second.

Greg

/* For start activity */

For each ttLaborDtl where ttLaborDtl.Company = cur-comp and ttLaborDtl.Rowmod = 'A' no-lock.

For first JobHead fields ( PartNum ) where JobHead.Company = cur-comp and JobHead.JobNum = TTLabordtl.JobNum no-lock.

MESSAGE "DEBUG Job is " + JobHead.JobNum + "part is " + JobHead.PartNum.

For first Part where Part.Company = cur-comp and Part.Partnum = JobHead.partnum  and Part.ShortChar03 = "HAR010" no-lock.

MESSAGE "DEBUG  PART IS " + Part.PartNum.

define variable InfoMsg as character init ''.

InfoMsg = "Part found " + Part.ShortChar09 + " " + Part.PartNum.

{lib/PublishInfoMsg.i &InfoMsg = InfoMsg}.

end.

End.    

End. /*end For each ttLaborDtl*/

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 9:57 AM
To: Vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Labor Entry BPM question

I am trying to create a BPM that will query information at the part master from labor entry (MES).  I am able to access the information that I want, but it is unreasonably slow, and I can’t figure out why. I’m hoping someone can help me out (or tell me that it is what it is, and I can quit banging my head against the wall).  Here is the story:

We have  a UD (Part.UserInteger1) field on part to hold the customer number associated with that part. 

I have created a Data Directive on LaborDtl, with a query, which if the results are more than 0, should pop up a message (just for testing).

For each ttLaborDtl no-lock, each JobHead no-lock, each Part no-lock

Where ttLaborDtl.RowMod = “A”

And ttLaborDtl.Company = JobHead.Company

And ttLaborDtl.JobNum = JobHead.JobNum

And JobHead.Company = Part.Company

And JobHead.PartNum = Part.PartNum

And Part.UserInteger1 = 284

(Spacing and returns entered only for readability, I know you can’t use them in the BPM query).

This query does pop up the message, but it take 6.5 minutes.  There is no reason that I can see that it should take that long.  What am I missing?

We are running on 9.05.700C SQL data, and our database is around 500gb.

Any suggestions?

< span style="font-size:12.0pt;color:black;">Theresa Goering

Tecomet

System Analyst

5212 Aurelius Rd  Lansing, MI 48911

e-mail: Theresa.Goering@...

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.  Any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance of this transaction is prohibited and may be unlawful. This email transmission may contain information controlled for export purposes under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and is intended for the recipient only.  No export, sale, transfer, release or other disposition of this information is permitted without prior authorization from the U.S. Government.

< p class="MsoNormal"> 

The Tecomet OEM Solutions I.T. Department values our Employees thoughts and feedback. Please take our anonymous survey by clicking here.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."