LaborDtl v JobOpDtl

Hi. I am looking at the LaborDtl table to find a count againt the Resources that we have assigned as tools. The issue is that within the JobOpDtl these will be shown as the second Resource (or OpDtlSeq) as the first will be assigned to the actual production area where the tool will be used. LaborDtl only seems to record against each OprSeq and not OpDtlSeq.

We currently use Kanban Receipts and I have a BPM to update a count of parts made against each tool but we would like to move to jobs and scheduling and need to ensure we carry this count over with the change. Is there any where I can pick up all Resources against a labour detail record? Thanks.

Tracy
When adding an Operation (Operation Maintenance)
You can add Resource Groups and/or Resources to the Operation.
You may want to experiment her with adding say just the Resource and Not the Resource Group or maybe both to record on the LaborDtl record the Resource ID your looking for. This is just a hunch, I have not tried setting up the labor report this way, I just have the ResourceGP attached to Operations.
Good Luck

Hi Patrick. Thank you for replying. Yes, we add a Resource Group (for the production area) and an additional Resource (for the tool) to the Operation when creating BOM’s in Engineering Workbench. When we book to a job or via Kanban Receipts the LaborDtl record is created but it only shows for the first JobOpDtl record (which would be the production area)? We can’t add a default resource via Operation Maintenance as there is no default and it needs to be chosen specifically to the part we are manufacturing. Thanks. Tracy

Also look at Company Config / Modules / Production / Job / Resource Prompt (CheckBox)

Sorry Patrick, we have been closed for Easter. I got really excited when I saw your response but have had a look and that box is already checked and the records are still not saved to LaborDtl :confused: