Lines failing to Update Engineered Status

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I’m using Kinetic 2021 (11.1.100), estimating custom products for lines in the Opportunity/Quote Entry.
I’ve un-Engineered the lines, saved, and the went to update an operation. However it claims that the line is still unengineered. This has happened fairly frequently, and I was wondering:

1. Has anyone else encountered this?
  2. Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this issue?
    Is there any way my layout could be causing this failure

Please let me know if there’s any additional info I could provide to help figure this one out! Thank you!

Images
False Engineering 3 - Small pt2

Additional Info:

• Personalization of the Layout is for fast custom builds

have you tried clicking on the main job number 40866 to see if it shows up as engineered. The quote gets engineered, not the individual line.

Good morning Iggy, I appreciate the response!
The individual line definitely can be engineered, as shown in both screenshots.

Funny, I just ran into this. For me, I had to uncheck “Quoted”, save, then go to each line and uncheck “Engineered” you are on Line 3 in this picture, so go to each line, uncheck Engineered and save after each change to make sure you are not wasting efforts.

Luckily I’m only editing the one line here. I do always uncheck “quoted” and engineered on the line.
It just seems to sometimes not want to stick even after saving.

actually, I have to update my version reference here, I am on Kinetic 2021… uggg.

Just reminded me that I need to update mine too!

NO NO NO NO, unless you like headaches

I have actually wanted to quit because of this POS

Oh no, just on the profile. We’re already on Kinetic as is.

Oh… sorry my friend.

image007.jpg

Your condolences are appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

I should ask, aside from the current issue, how’s it going for you with it?

I had a bunch of issues at first, though I am quickly ironing them out, though I cant figure out how to get a Report Style that we used before in and how to edit it in quotes, or anywhere really.

Overall it’s been fine. It’s been slower than previous patches. So far I don’t think any of the modules we’re using have been forced into the kinetic view. We got a notice for 2021.1.7 coming up so who knows what the future holds.

I just hope the engineering workbench doesn’t get hit so I can build my BoM’s.

I am on .5, and it is actually faster for me that 10.2.7 was, Much faster, though another one of my coworkers tells me it is slower…. Very odd. We are using Kinetic (haven’t gone live yet) because I don’t want to introduce something to my employees that will change in a month.

I feel like I am missing so much, but everything is telling me we should go live… kills me, but I need to go through my SOP on this version and make sure its gold before we think about it, so hopefully next week.

image007.jpg

Ahh ,over here we’re going to hit a huge wall of everyone losing their marbles.
We have customizations set up to shoe-horn a different ERP system configuration into Epicor. Needless to say it’s going to be a rough patch for the other tech and myself.

Ouch, prior to playing with Epicor, at my previous job I was a Solutions Engineer that was focused on Salesforce, but I also worked with Siebel, Dynamix, SAP and children inside of those CRM’s but here as an IT Manager, I was tasked with Epicor, an ERP with a sprinkle of CRM… it’s VERY different, I didn’t think it would be… haha.

Switching up Epicor’s ERP with your own, then Epicor switching up the ERP on you… that’s rough. I wish the best for you my friend.

image007.jpg