Loading Kinetic Client across WAN

I will be rolling out a number of clients in two locations (on prem). Location A has the main infrastructure, Location B has about 50 workstations that need to get the new client.

Is it possible to point the install script to a locally stored copy of the client in Location B, and make the “B” clients transfer the files from this location instead of pulling the client install 50 times over the network on initial launch of the clients?

Thanks!

Paul

I’ve never really thought about it much, but I suppose if you had a deployment share setup at the second site and your client config files pointed at that… that might work.

1 Like

There are a few threads on here about deploying the client. Here’s one of the many. Client install tips and tricks

Previously I’ve used Robocopy to copy the a zip of the client to do it. Coping it to a local server, then copy to the clients from there.

2 Likes

If you were rolling the client out on an RDP farm, you could use DFS to distribute the updated client.

Just an additional tidbit that someone might find useful.

Typically in an RDP situation you would use the SKIP flag in the shortcut to prevent users accidentally performing an autoupdate. Using DFS you can control the process and only have to update one location on the network, instead of touching all RDP servers.