Logicity & Office 365

Semi-Epicor related, hoping someone can help.

We use Logicity (Free) to automate around 40ish reports every morning. On our old Exchange server, it works without any issues. But we’re going to be moving our email to O365 soon. I’ve been testing with multiple accounts, settings, etc. and it won’t work. Keeps giving me this error:

Failure sending mail. (emailCrystalReport)

Has anyone setup Logicity with O365 successfully? I know it works because I’ve read a Logicity Blog post saying it does. Just trying to figure out what setting(s) I might have wrong.

Alternatively, does anyone have a free alternative? Some of the other ones I’m looking at do a max of six reports for free.

We had some trouble getting Multi-function copiers and other things to send mail through O365 as well until we realized that you simply have to get the mail sent through an O365 account where the sending account’s email address matches the ‘Reply To’ email address being sent with the email.

in our case, we had a single O365 account e.g. service@company.com, but we were trying to send emails with the reply-to address as administrator@company.com. This fails because relaying is not allowed unless we added administrator@company.com to the authorized list on the service@company.com O365 account.

Perhaps this is close to your problem or gives you a clue as to what might be the problem.

Mike

1 Like

Thanks Mike, knew that already during the setup from another IT person that pointed it out.

Still doesn’t work though.

Well, the old fallback position with O365 is to set up a local SMTP relay. Any freebie app will work, or you might be able to use an existing IIS installation. Logicity will send mail through the relay to Exchange Online. We have this set up as well for the few things we could not get to work directly.

Are you guys using the free version of Logicity? or paid?

I’m thinking I might need to enable SSL as an option on our Logicity setup but that only comes with the paid version afaik.

Sorry If i gave the wrong impression - we’re not using Logicity at all - we just have a number of servers/devices that need to send email just like an app like Logicity would.

As for SSL, Yes SSL/TLS2.0 to port 587 (at the O365 end) is required, so unless you pay for it you should set up the SMTP relay.

In the end it’s actually easier if all your devices/apps internally send via the relay - but make sure it’s at least semi secure from malicious usage.