Make tickbox in customisation read only

I have an updatable dashboard which is used for CAD purposes. One of the updatable fields is a tickbox which shows if a drawing is complete. This tickbox is bound to a custom field. I have also placed a tickbox on the QuoteDtl, bound to the same field. I only want the field to be changed by those with access to the dashboard, so I would like to make the tickbox on the QuoteDtl read only. I can see the option in customisation but it is greyed out. Can anyone help?

Best regards
Adrian.

You could do it via the “Modify Extended Properties” wizard.

You might want to consider going back to basics and setting security on the field itself, though, because that way permissions will follow through any future changes you may make, based on who is accessing something that has the field in it rather than which screen they’re accessing it from.

2 Likes

Thanks Daryl, I found the extended properties with the tickbox to make the field read only. Where do I find the field security settings?

Regards

Adrian.

There’s a screen called “Field Security Maintenance”. In there you can find the relevant field, and what we normally do in cases like this is set Default Access to read-only, and any appropriate security groups to Full. That (normally) then carries through to any way users can interact with that field, though I’ll admit we have come across oddities.

1 Like

That’s just what I was looking for, thank you very much Daryl

Regards
Adrian.