Manager Password Expired

I have run the mentioned following to reset and disable the Password Expiry of the manager user
SQL Scripts are for resetting the “manager” user and unlocking expiry.

1- UPDATE Ice.SysUserFile SET PwdExpires = NULL WHERE UserID = ‘manager’
SELECT PwdExpires, PwdExpiresDays, PwdLastChanged, * FROM Ice.SysUserFile;

2- – Set manager user to manager password
UPDATE Ice.SysUserFile SET Password = ‘PdnCdntJTEbfFOoePs4QxV/nD4lndJGMFug64ojqiTYyVC75OYeQcA==’ WHERE UserID = ‘manager’;
UPDATE Erp.UserFile SET PassWord = ‘PdnCdntJTEbfFOoePs4QxV/nD4lndJGMFug64ojqiTYyVC75OYeQcA==’ WHERE DcdUserID = ‘manager’;

UPDATE Ice.SysUserFile SET UserDisabled = 0 WHERE UserID = ‘manager’;
UPDATE Erp.UserFile SET UserDisabled = 0 WHERE DcdUserID = ‘manager’;

UPDATE Ice.SysUserFile SET PwdExpires = null WHERE UserID = ‘manager’;
UPDATE Erp.UserFile SET PwdExpires = null WHERE DcdUserID = ‘manager’;

– Set print user to print password
UPDATE Ice.SysUserFile SET Password = ‘yw5hbQvvtBuJEImKe9Qhdirposq0tZ5XpaC4h+fCiGHxB81O9xpIVw==’ WHERE UserID = ‘print’;
UPDATE Erp.UserFile SET Password = ‘yw5hbQvvtBuJEImKe9Qhdirposq0tZ5XpaC4h+fCiGHxB81O9xpIVw==’ WHERE DcdUserID = ‘print’;

and the field Password does not exist in the Erp.UserFile and the Application Server are stuck and I cannot open Epicor from the server to perform anything kindly I appreciate the fastest response

Depending on your version, I’m not sure how wise it is to start changing passwords via SQL, as I’m not sure how they are salted and hashed. That said you may need to recycle the app pool in case the hashed password is cached in RAM on the application server.

Also do you have another user who is Security Manager? It may be worth trying to use that user to reset the password for manager (though you may run into an issue with Global Security Manager privileges).

You say you cannot open Epicor from the server? Do you mean when you are using the admin console? You can change the admin console so that it connects with a different security manager by right clicking on the appserver and choosing Properties (Not Settings or Configuration), and entering your creds in there. Which may get you going depending on what you want to do.

It should work, we do it all the time. As for hashing here is more info on it.

You may just not need the UserFile one anymore. Run it without it.

If you changed the manager password you would need to update it in admin console if you want to get back into your app server

That’s not the case for certain or changing your password would be an issue always. Passwords aren’t in RAM.

@hkeric.wci has an article on how the salting works on the forum or linked in or something like that. The above was his script.

This is all we have on file as of 2022.2 for our dev system restores.

UPDATE Ice.SysUserFile SET Password = '[hashkey]' WHERE UserID = 'manager'

At current versions, UserFile is no longer needed to be updated far as I can tell.

1 Like