Managing Job Scheduling Date changes in Epicor 9

based on the information you've given the answer would be yes, maybe no, some of it makes no mathematical sense whatsoever depending on how you've configured things in your system. you can call any bo/method you want from a BPM to include the scheduling engine with given parameters. if you have service connect, that's another option. you've left more questions on the table that makes giving you a straight answer worthwhile. contact me offline if you want more direction.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

redrhyno13 <cwineinger@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this is even possible?
Here's a paraphrase of my original post from our scheduler:

We are almost one month into our go live of Epicor 9 and our organization is asking for an answer to a problem.
We schedule resources outside of the system so we are backward scheduling from the sales order ship by date with resource groups set to infinite capacity.
Is there a way to have the scheduling engine set the start date of our jobs to be 21 days before the job due date regardless of capacity or material constraints.
Our Purchasing department needs to have materials in house about 3 weeks before a job is due and suggestions are keyed off of our jobs start date.
I'm looking for any ideas maybe with a BPM to accomplish this or a customization, something to help with the frustration here.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "redrhyno13" <cwineinger@...> wrote:
>
> We are almost one month into our go live of Epicor 9 and our scheduler is about ready to go postal.
> Is there a way when he pulls up a job that the Due date to the customer has changed, he updates the due date and would like it to push out to all the operations that have been scheduled previously and re-schedule the operations for 21 days before the Due date.
> Right now he is backwards scheduling from the due date and getting 100's of MRP suggestions to move the dates daily.
> Because the dates slide regularly and purchasing needs to know the start dates for a job so they can have materials in house before the job starts.
> I'm looking for any ideas maybe with a BPM to accomplish this or a customization, something to help with the frustration here.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Wineinger
> Interior Systems Inc.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are almost one month into our go live of Epicor 9 and our scheduler is about ready to go postal.
Is there a way when he pulls up a job that the Due date to the customer has changed, he updates the due date and would like it to push out to all the operations that have been scheduled previously and re-schedule the operations for 21 days before the Due date.
Right now he is backwards scheduling from the due date and getting 100's of MRP suggestions to move the dates daily.
Because the dates slide regularly and purchasing needs to know the start dates for a job so they can have materials in house before the job starts.
I'm looking for any ideas maybe with a BPM to accomplish this or a customization, something to help with the frustration here.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Wineinger
Interior Systems Inc.

We are almost one month into our go live of Epicor 9 and our organization is asking for an answer to a problem.
We schedule resources outside of the system so we are backward scheduling from the sales order ship by date with resource groups set to infinite capacity.
Is there a way to have the scheduling engine set the start date of our jobs to be 21 days before the job due date regardless of capacity or material constraints.
Our Purchasing department needs to have materials in house about 3 weeks before a job is due and suggestions are keyed off of our jobs start date.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "redrhyno13" <cwineinger@...> wrote:
>
> We are almost one month into our go live of Epicor 9 and our scheduler is about ready to go postal.
> Is there a way when he pulls up a job that the Due date to the customer has changed, he updates the due date and would like it to push out to all the operations that have been scheduled previously and re-schedule the operations for 21 days before the Due date.
> Right now he is backwards scheduling from the due date and getting 100's of MRP suggestions to move the dates daily.
> Because the dates slide regularly and purchasing needs to know the start dates for a job so they can have materials in house before the job starts.
> I'm looking for any ideas maybe with a BPM to accomplish this or a customization, something to help with the frustration here.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Wineinger
> Interior Systems Inc.
>
We take a similar approach here and while I don't understand much of the scheduling engine, as we are also only one month in, we are doing this in directives until we can do it within Epicor.
On the Job Header I have our Start and Kit dates and we bring the material in 7 days prior to Kit

Greg Payne

This is a data directive on JobOper to set our JobOper and JobMtl records based on a date from the job header. When the job scheduler is run the JobOper records get updated and this fires off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

/* CL Job Header Kit Date to JobOper */

/* Message "DEBUG JobOpDtl Update: B4 Code". */

For EACH ttJobOper
fields (Company JobNum OpCode OprSeq)
where ((ttJobOper.RowMod = "U" or ttJobOper.RowMod = "A") and
ttJobOper.OpCode = "KIT" ),
EACH JobHead
fields(Company JobNum Date03 ShortChar01)
where JobHead.JobNum = ttJobOper.Jobnum and JobHead.Company = ttJobOper.Company and Integer(JobHead.Date03) > 0,
Each JobMtl
fields ()
where JobHead.JobNum = JobMtl.Jobnum and JobHead.Company = JobMtl.Company and JobHead.Date03 <> JobMtl.ReqDate and JobMtl.IUM <> "FT":

Message "DEBUG Job Oper Update: after ttJobOper query, jobnum = " ttJobOper.JobNum ttJobOper.OprSeq ttJobOper.OpCode.

If dcd-userid = 'gpay01' Then
{lib/PublishInfoMsg.i &InfoMsg = "'Inside Kit Loop ' + STRING(JobMtl.MtlSeq)"}.

If (ttJobOper.OpCode = "KIT" ) and Integer(JobHead.Date03) > 0 then Do:
Assign ttJobOper.StartDate = JobHead.Date03.
Message "DEBUG Job Oper Update KIT date , JobOper.ReqDate = " JobHead.Date03 " " ttJobOper.OprSeq.
End.

Assign JobMtl.ReqDate = JobHead.Date03 - 7.
Assign JobMtl.PurComment = JobHead.ShortChar01 + " " + JobHead.ShortChar02.
Assign JobMtl.RelatedOperation = ttJobOper.OprSeq.

End.

I force the start date with a data directive on JobHead.

Condition:
the JobHead.StartDate field of some row is not equal to the ttJobhead.Date02 expression

Action:

set the JobHead.StartDate field of the changed row to the ttJobHead.Date02 expression

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of redrhyno13
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:15 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Managing Job Scheduling Date changes in Epicor 9

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "redrhyno13" <cwineinger@...<mailto:cwineinger@...>> wrote:
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Wineinger
> Interior Systems Inc.
>

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."

You can set your parts to have a Receive Time.

Receive Time
In the case of a part class for manufactured items, this is the number of days that are required to move the assembly either to stock or to the next job. For manufactured parts this buffer is added to the due date of the job.

In the case of a part class for purchased or transferred parts, this is the time required to receive and inspect the part. This time would be deducted from the calculated demand date to give the suppliers the correct supply date.

PART CLASS

Miguel A. Santillan
Compass Components, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of redrhyno13
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:15 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Managing Job Scheduling Date changes in Epicor 9

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "redrhyno13" <cwineinger@...<mailto:cwineinger@...>> wrote:
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Wineinger
> Interior Systems Inc.
>