Manual Cycle Counting

Is there a way in Epicor E10 that I can enter Cycle Counts like I used to in Vantage? I want to create a new Cycle Count Group and either manually add the parts I want to count or Paste Insert the parts I want to count. I do not want the system to calculate the parts for us to count, so I want to avoid this process completely. Can someone please tell me how I can do this?

You can use Cycle Count Part Selection Update to manually add parts to be counted.

2 Likes

Hi Mandy,

You won’t be able to do it EXACTLY like Vantage. You must still define your Cycles ahead of time. Go into Cycle Count Maintenance and define the days for the Warehouse you are going to count. DO NOT run Actions | Part Selection.

When you’re ready to count, open the cycle count for that day using Cycle Count Part Selection Update. There should be no parts there. Now just paste the parts you want to count into the grid.

Continue as usual with Cycle Count Maintenance and Create your tags, Start your Count, Enter tags, etc.

If there are still too many steps, you might try automating some of the steps using Epicor Functions to do the steps for you and you’d just start the count from a web page. There are plenty of consultants on this list who could do this for you if you’re not comfortable with that.

Mark W.

2 Likes

My users catch phrase…I better upgrade to 10.2.500!..or 10.2.600 when it comes out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mark,
Thank you a 100 hundred times over! This works perfectly, I just tested the process without any issues. Again Thank you!

Agree with too many steps we are in the process of testing a Simple Stocktake from an Epicor Partner that enables us to use a single screen

That would be extremely helpful, because the entire Cycle Count Process in E10 is excessively long and not user friendly.

Have a look at https://www.ghasolutions.co.uk/downloads/

1 Like

Hi,

An approach I have taken in the past is to use an updateable dashboard that lists all the tags and allows users to enter counts much quicker.

One area where I had to create a significant customization was for the counting of serialised parts. A tag is generated for each serialised part, so I need to create a way that allowed users to scan parts, rather than be tag driven.

You still have to go through the setup steps, but the schedule and part selection are pretty straightforward.

Cheers,

Andrew.

1 Like

Mark,
Back in Feb of 2020 you mentioned using an Epicor Partner that enables you to use a single screen for Cycle Counts. Would you be able to show me what you are using and/or tell me who did this for you? We need a simplification.

Thank you,
Mandy

We are using Simple Stock Take from GHA Solutions. It has been used for full Physical counts for some time and have just gone live with Cycle Counts at one of our depots. Very simple to setup and use and you can also customise screens and reports to add additional fields that you may require.

Have a look at https://www.ghasolutions.co.uk/downloads/ for more information