Material backflush/time phase/po suggestion

We are a make to order manufacturer who have a mixture of complex and simple bills of materials and routes. We operate on a time and quantity data collection basis, back flush all materials and all purchased materials are stock.

Shop floor discipline of completing labour transactions is not great so periodically we have to manually close/complete jobs checking the backflush button if available. What we are finding is that for some parts we get continued po suggestions and time phased demand even after the job has been completed/closed.

This is not happening with every purchased part and not even every job with that purchased part on it that has not been closed. This is skewing the demand numbers for these parts.

Can anyone advise if there is a utility we can run or something else we need to do to remove this “zombie” demand?

About once a week I have my clients run the Refresh Part Qtys & Allocations.
You could first run it in report mode so you can see what it would correct, then run it in report & update mode to correct them.
My impression is that there are potentially multiple causes for the incorrect values.
My understanding if intended design is that when a job is marked complete (via either Auto Job completion or Job Complete/Close) all remaining schedule load and mtl demand should be removed.
If you have not already you should file a call with Epicor Support to make sure they are aware of your particular scenario. It’s difficult for them to correct things like this unless they can replicate.

1 Like

Unrelated to the original post, but damn Rick! - you’ve really been killing it lately. Thanks for all the support you bring to the community.

June’s been a slow consulting month for me so far, so I’ve been working on my To Do list and I try to always have a few Epicor forums up…

1 Like

I would dig into one or two of these and look at the PartDtl record associated with it. I’ve found a few cases where there are “orphaned” PartDtl records which cause this sort of fake demand.

1 Like

Rick,

That appears to be what I am looking for - I’ve ran the report and compared to what I am seeing in time phase and it looks like it is going to do the right thing.

You mentioned running this once a week - is this something that can be done whilst folks are using the system or is it better done out of hours when nobody is transacting - we have a very small number of non shop floor users.

Our business took a long time to get from buying E10 to go live (2 1/2 years) and after the first year decided not to renew maintenance until go live. At go live Epicor wanted maintenance backdated as per their contracted T and C’s so we are now at the stage where we need to pay three years maintenance back dated to get maintenance or get maintenance on a consultancy basis which is wholly inappropriate for this kind of issue.

Epicor won’t negotiate, our business doesn’t have that kind of money for backdated maintenance so I’m reliant on forums such as this for any help so greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer.

I have always been advised by support and it makes sense to try to run this during low part transaction periods. The reason for this isn’t so much server/DB load (and there is quite a bit, view your App & SQL server CPU load while running) but more for accuracy as it evaluates several tables to make the adjustments and if those values are changing, it can result in values being set incorrectly.
At least that is my understanding.
Unfortunately, I have not found a way to schedule this process. So once a week on a weekday evening or on a Saturday, I login on run it on the server… seems to run faster. For most of my clients it completes in under 45 min, (some as low as a few min) but it depends on your part count and other factors.
Glad to help.

-Rick
getaligned.solutions.

Is this report available in E9?

Rachel,
In E9 this fix is not part of the Epicor menu.
It’s either part of the Conversion Programs that is usually installed on the Epicor server but I do not recall it’s ID or it’s a fix you need to request from Epicor Support.
I would recommend you call Epicor Support and ask them what is the E9 equivalent for Epicor 10’s Refresh Part Qty & Allocations.

Here is another post that might help you:

It’s on the list of Conversion Programs on the server - 6430 is the ID, isn’t that burned into everybody else’s memory too?? :slight_smile: