Material Qty/Parent - need to round up

If the UOM on the tool does not allow decimals and the rounding is set to round up, your job requirements should work out. A parent qty from 1-1000 should call out a need for one and 1001-2000 should call out a need for two. We use it for some custom packaging and it works.

Carson

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scottyk537" <skaufman@...> wrote:
>
> We are working through our implementation and I ran into another snag.
>
> We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.
>
> Problem:
> When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
>
> I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
We are working through our implementation and I ran into another snag.

We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.

Problem:
When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.

I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.

Thanks,
Scott
I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...

But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original value.

Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
qtypertool = 0, result is 1
qtypertool = .4, result is 1
qtypertool = .5, result is 1
qtypertool = .999, result is 1
qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "scottyk537" <skaufman@...> wrote:
>
>
> We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.
>
> Problem:
> When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
>
> I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
9.05.604a
Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.

This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my tooling and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest issue is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
[cid:image001.png@01CC672D.895ACBC0]

[cid:image002.png@01CC672D.895ACBC0]

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up

I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...

But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original value.

Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
qtypertool = 0, result is 1
qtypertool = .4, result is 1
qtypertool = .5, result is 1
qtypertool = .999, result is 1
qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottyk537" <skaufman@...<mailto:skaufman@...>> wrote:
>
>
>
> Problem:
>
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to avoid the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would still show 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:
>
> 9.05.604a
> Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
>
> This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my tooling and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest issue is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> [cid:image001.png@...]
>
> [cid:image002.png@...]
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
>
>
>
> I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
>
> But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original value.
>
> Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> >
> > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another snag.
> >
> > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.
> >
> > Problem:
> > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> >
> > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott
> >
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area. The cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price. We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kirstin Brandt
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM

You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to avoid the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would still show 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...<mailto:skaufman@...>> wrote:
>
> 9.05.604a
> Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
>
> This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my tooling and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest issue is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> [cid:image001.png@...]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@...]>
>
> [cid:image002.png@...]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@...]>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
> I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
>
> But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original value.
>
> Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> >
> > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another snag.
> >
> > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.
> >
> > Problem:
> > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> >
> > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott
> >
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
>
>
>

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.

Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom widgets a particular oppurtunity is for?

Calvin

>
> Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area. The cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price. We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kirstin Brandt
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
>
>
>
> You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to avoid the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would still show 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> >
> > 9.05.604a
> > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> >
> > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my tooling and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest issue is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]>
> >
> > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]>
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> >
> >
> >
> > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> >
> > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original value.
> >
> > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> > qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another snag.
> > >
> > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.
> > >
> > > Problem:
> > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > >
> > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Scott
> > >
> >
> >
> > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
>
Almost every quote will have different quantity breakpoints.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:12 PM

Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom widgets a particular oppurtunity is for?

Calvin

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...<mailto:skaufman@...>> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area. The cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price. We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Kirstin Brandt
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
> You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to avoid the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would still show 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> >
> > 9.05.604a
> > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> >
> > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my tooling and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest issue is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]><mailto:[cid:image001.png@]>
> >
> > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]><mailto:[cid:image002.png@]>
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> >
> >
> > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> >
> > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original value.
> >
> > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> > qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another snag.
> > >
> > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools. My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is 0.001.
> > >
> > > Problem:
> > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > >
> > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can write a BPM.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Scott
> > >
> >
> >
> > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>

Do you use the Product Configurator? There are many more options for setting
the quantity on a MOM if you do.

Mark W.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Almost every quote will have different quantity breakpoints.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
> Of c.krusen1
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:12 PM
>
>
> Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom widgets
> a particular oppurtunity is for?
>
> Calvin
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott
> Kaufman <skaufman@...<mailto:skaufman@...>> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> > This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area. The
> cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price. We
> would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of
> Kirstin Brandt
>
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
> >
> >
> >
> > You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to avoid
> the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend that you
> make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would still show
> 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or less)
> unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > 9.05.604a
> > > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> > >
> > > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my tooling
> and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest issue
> is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]><mailto:
> [cid:image001.png@]>
> > >
> > > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]><mailto:
> [cid:image002.png@]>
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On
> Behalf Of c.krusen1
>
> > > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> > >
> > > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming the
> Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the original
> value.
> > >
> > > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another
> snag.
> > > >
> > > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished
> products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools.
> My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is
> 0.001.
> > > >
> > > > Problem:
> > > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I need
> to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001 parts, I
> need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > > >
> > > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I can
> write a BPM.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message,
> including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and
> protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or
> receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not
> the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
> this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the
> information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your
> system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply
> email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message,
> protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or
> receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not
> the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
> this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the
> information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your
> system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply
> email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> >
> >
> >
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message, including
> any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from
> disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by,
> any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
> to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information
> contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
> without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so
> that our address record can be corrected.
>
>
>
>

We do have Product Configurator. When we quote a new product, PC creates the MOM and the part. After the part is configured, we then add the different quantity breaks. It my understanding that PC only creates the part and the MOM. The next time I rerun this product it will be a different quantity and I will not be using PC.

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wonsil
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up

Do you use the Product Configurator? There are many more options for setting the quantity on a MOM if you do.

Mark W.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Almost every quote will have different quantity breakpoints.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of c.krusen1
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:12 PM
>
>
> Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom
> widgets a particular oppurtunity is for?
>
> Calvin
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...<mailto:skaufman@...>> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> > This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area.
> > The
> cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price.
> We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> Of Kirstin Brandt
>
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
> >
> >
> >
> > You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to
> > avoid
> the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend
> that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would
> still show
> 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or
> less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman
> <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > 9.05.604a
> > > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> > >
> > > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my
> > > tooling
> and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest
> > > issue
> is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]><mailto:
> [cid:image001.png@]>
> > >
> > > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]><mailto:
> [cid:image002.png@]>
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>]
> On Behalf Of c.krusen1
>
> > > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> > >
> > > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming
> > > the
> Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the
> original value.
> > >
> > > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> > > qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another
> snag.
> > > >
> > > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished
> products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools.
> My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is
> 0.001.
> > > >
> > > > Problem:
> > > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I
> > > > need
> to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001
> parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > > >
> > > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I
> > > > can
> write a BPM.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission
> to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
> of this communication or use of the information contained herein is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail
> transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
> copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> >
> >
> >
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message,
>
>
>
>

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

The PC can actually creat different MoM's for the Quote and the Job.

Calvin

>
> We do have Product Configurator. When we quote a new product, PC creates the MOM and the part. After the part is configured, we then add the different quantity breaks. It my understanding that PC only creates the part and the MOM. The next time I rerun this product it will be a different quantity and I will not be using PC.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wonsil
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:04 PM
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
>
> Do you use the Product Configurator? There are many more options for setting the quantity on a MOM if you do.
>
> Mark W.
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > Almost every quote will have different quantity breakpoints.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On
> > Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:12 PM
> >
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom
> > widgets a particular oppurtunity is for?
> >
> > Calvin
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Scott Kaufman <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> > > This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area.
> > > The
> > cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price.
> > We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
> > vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> > Of Kirstin Brandt
> >
> > > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to
> > > avoid
> > the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend
> > that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would
> > still show
> > 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or
> > less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> > vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman
> > <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>>
> > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > 9.05.604a
> > > > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> > > >
> > > > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my
> > > > tooling
> > and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > > > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest
> > > > issue
> > is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > > > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]><mailto:
> > [cid:image001.png@]>
> > > >
> > > > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]><mailto:
> > [cid:image002.png@]>
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>]
> > On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> >
> > > > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:
> > vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> > > >
> > > > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming
> > > > the
> > Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the
> > original value.
> > > >
> > > > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > > > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > > > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > > > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > > > qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> > > > qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another
> > snag.
> > > > >
> > > > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished
> > products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my tools.
> > My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is
> > 0.001.
> > > > >
> > > > > Problem:
> > > > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I
> > > > > need
> > to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001
> > parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > > > >
> > > > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I
> > > > > can
> > write a BPM.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Scott
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message,
> > including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and
> > protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission
> > to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this
> > message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> > responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> > are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
> > of this communication or use of the information contained herein is
> > strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail
> > transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
> > copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> (2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
Like Calvin said, you can control the quantity of any item when using the
PC. The MOM isn't created until you do the Get Details, either in a quote or
on a job.

Just create a Set Field rule and round up the quantity there. If you're
going to do Get Details from jobs then remember to create a Set Quantity
rule for the Quote quantity and Job quantity.

Mark W.

On Aug 31, 2011 4:27 PM, "c.krusen1" <ckrusen1@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> The PC can actually creat different MoM's for the Quote and the Job.
>
> Calvin
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:
> >
> > We do have Product Configurator. When we quote a new product, PC creates
the MOM and the part. After the part is configured, we then add the
different quantity breaks. It my understanding that PC only creates the part
and the MOM. The next time I rerun this product it will be a different
quantity and I will not be using PC.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mark Wonsil
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:04 PM
> > Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> >
> > Do you use the Product Configurator? There are many more options for
setting the quantity on a MOM if you do.
> >
> > Mark W.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >
> > >
> > > Almost every quote will have different quantity breakpoints.
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On
> > > Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:12 PM
> > >
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > >
> > > Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom
> > > widgets a particular oppurtunity is for?
> > >
> > > Calvin
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > > Scott Kaufman <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> > > > This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area.
> > > > The
> > > cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price.
> > > We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:
> > > vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf
> > > Of Kirstin Brandt
> > >
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part to
> > > > avoid
> > > the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should recommend
> > > that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is done, it would
> > > still show
> > > 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999 parts or
> > > less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
> > > >
><mailto:
> > > vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman
> > > <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>>
> > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > 9.05.604a
> > > > > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> > > > >
> > > > > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my
> > > > > tooling
> > > and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > > > > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The biggest
> > > > > issue
> > > is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > > > > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]><mailto:
> > > [cid:image001.png@]>
> > > > >
> > > > > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]><mailto:
> > > [cid:image002.png@]>
> > > > >
> > > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > > ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > > <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>]
> > > On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > >
> > > > > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
><mailto:
> > > vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > >
> > > > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> > > > >
> > > > > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up (becoming
> > > > > the
> > > Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the
> > > original value.
> > > > >
> > > > > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > > > > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = .999, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > > ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > > "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into another
> > > snag.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our finished
> > > products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for my
tools.
> > > My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my qty/parent is
> > > 0.001.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Problem:
> > > > > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a tool. I
> > > > > > need
> > > to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001
> > > parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure I
> > > > > > can
> > > write a BPM.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > Scott
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message,
> > > including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and
> > > protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission
> > > to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this
> > > message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> > > responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> > > are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
> > > of this communication or use of the information contained herein is
> > > strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail
> > > transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
> > > copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so
that our address record can be corrected.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email message,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must
have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> > (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder
and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> > (2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> > (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the
information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your
system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply
email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> >
>
>

I understand that I can control the quantity of any material in PC. My problem is with multiple quantity breaks in the quote.
Example with tool qty/parent set to 0.01, I can make 100 parts with 1 tool.
10 parts - quote 0.1 tools - needs to be 1
50 parts - quote 0.5 tools - needs to be 1
100 parts - quote 1 tool - correct
150 parts - quote 1.5 tools - needs to be 2

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wonsil
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up

Like Calvin said, you can control the quantity of any item when using the PC. The MOM isn't created until you do the Get Details, either in a quote or on a job.

Just create a Set Field rule and round up the quantity there. If you're going to do Get Details from jobs then remember to create a Set Quantity rule for the Quote quantity and Job quantity.

Mark W.

On Aug 31, 2011 4:27 PM, "c.krusen1" <ckrusen1@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> The PC can actually creat different MoM's for the Quote and the Job.
>
> Calvin
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:
> >
> > We do have Product Configurator. When we quote a new product, PC
> > creates
the MOM and the part. After the part is configured, we then add the different quantity breaks. It my understanding that PC only creates the part and the MOM. The next time I rerun this product it will be a different quantity and I will not be using PC.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On
> > Behalf
Of Mark Wonsil
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:04 PM
> > Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> >
> > Do you use the Product Configurator? There are many more options for
setting the quantity on a MOM if you do.
> >
> > Mark W.
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Scott Kaufman <skaufman@...> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >
> > >
> > > Almost every quote will have different quantity breakpoints.
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On
> > > Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:12 PM
> > >
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > >
> > > Do you quote qty breakpoints? Or do you always now how many custom
> > > widgets a particular oppurtunity is for?
> > >
> > > Calvin
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > > Scott Kaufman <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for the tip, I will try that.
> > > > This does not work for quoting which is the biggest problem area.
> > > > The
> > > cost to produce these tools is almost half of the final quote price.
> > > We would lose a lot of money if we started quoting 0.49 for our tools.
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:
> > > vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On
> > > Behalf Of Kirstin Brandt
> > >
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 PM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > You could set the MRP Planning Multiple to 1 for the tool part
> > > > to avoid
> > > the suggestions for fractions. In your example, it should
> > > recommend that you make 2 for a demand of 1.001. After the job is
> > > done, it would still show
> > > 0.999 in inventory which could be consumed by other jobs (999
> > > parts or
> > > less) unless you manually issue 2, depending on what you want to do.
> > > >
><mailto:
> > > vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Scott Kaufman
> > > <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>>
> > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > 9.05.604a
> > > > > Here is an example. Not real life, but shows the problem.
> > > > >
> > > > > This job is producing 49 parts. Pretend the Silica Gel is my
> > > > > tooling
> > > and I can produce 100 parts from 1 tool. Qty/parent = 0.01
> > > > > I know I can modify the crystal traveler to round up. The
> > > > > biggest issue
> > > is when quoting. I need to quote 1 tool, not 0.49.
> > > > > [cid:image001.png@]<mailto:[cid:image001.png@]><mailto:
> > > [cid:image001.png@]>
> > > > >
> > > > > [cid:image002.png@]<mailto:[cid:image002.png@]><mailto:
> > > [cid:image002.png@]>
> > > > >
> > > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > > ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > >[mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > > <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.co
> > > m>]
> > > On Behalf Of c.krusen1
> > >
> > > > > Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:37 PM
> > > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
><mailto:
> > > vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > >
> > > > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Material Qty/Parent - need to round up
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm not sure where you trying to do the rounding up...
> > > > >
> > > > > But the ROUND function can be tricked into rounding up
> > > > > (becoming the
> > > Ceiling function), by adding half of your rounding value to the
> > > original value.
> > > > >
> > > > > Round(qtypertool + 0.5)
> > > > > qtypertool = 0, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = .4, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = .5, result is 1
> > > > > qtypertool = .999, result is 1 qtypertool = 1.001, result is 2
> > > > >
> > > > > --- In
> > > > > vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com
> > > ><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.c
> > > >om>,
> > > "scottyk537" <skaufman@<mailto:skaufman@>> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We are working through our implementation and I ran into
> > > > > > another
> > > snag.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We manufacture disposable tools to use to produce our
> > > > > > finished
> > > products. I have created manufactured part numbers with MOMs for
> > > my
tools.
> > > My tool is only good enough to produce 1000 parts, so my
> > > qty/parent is 0.001.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Problem:
> > > > > > When I create a job for 500 parts, it pulls in 0.5 of a
> > > > > > tool. I need
> > > to always round up on my qty/parent. When there is a job for 1001
> > > parts, I need to manufacture 2 tools, not 1.001.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I was hoping there is a setting for this, otherwise I'm sure
> > > > > > I can
> > > write a BPM.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > Scott
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
> > > > > message,
> > > including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential
> > > and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for
> > > transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the
> > > reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
> > > employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
> > > intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> > > dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or
> > > use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If
> > > you have received this electronic mail transmission in error,
> > > please delete it from your system without copying or
> > > disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this email
> > > > message,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You
> > must
have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> > (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report
> > Builder
and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> > (2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> > (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
including any attachment(s), may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. The email is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or disseminating, and notify the sender by Reply email, so that our address record can be corrected.
> >
>
>

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

Hi Scott,

> I understand that I can control the quantity of any material in PC. My problem is with multiple quantity breaks in the quote.
> Example with tool qty/parent set to 0.01, I can make 100 parts with 1 tool.
> 10 parts - quote 0.1 tools - needs to be 1
> 50 parts - quote 0.5 tools - needs to be 1
> 100 parts - quote 1 tool - correct
> 150 parts - quote 1.5 tools - needs to be 2
>

Here's how I would do it:

For the Mtl Seq line with the tool on it:

- Create a Calculation Rule for the toolQty and set it to zero

- Write a progress program that takes four inputs and one output and
put it in your ud folder under server. The inputs will be your quote
number, quote line, assembly seq, and the material sequence number.
(You may not need the Assembly Seq Nbr if you have a flat BOM) The
program would then look up quote to get the part/revision/assembly/mtl
seq record in PartMtl in order to retrieve the original QtyPer.
Perform the calculation multiplying the PartMtl.QtyPer by the quote
quantity and round appropriately. Set the toolQty output parameter.

- Create a Call Program Rule passing the QuoteNum, QuoteLine, and toolQty
ud\GetToolQty.p (input GetCurrentQuoteNum(), input GetCurrentQuoteLine(),
input
GetRuleCurrentAsmblSeq(CurrentTableName,CurrentInRowID),
input
GetRuleCurrentMtlSeq(CurrentTableName,CurrentInRowID),
output toolQty)

- Create a Set Field rule to assign the QuoteMtl.QtyPer = calculation
field toolQty.

So there are three rules involved. The first creates the variable
toolQty. The second passes that variable to a progress program. The
third takes the calculated field which was updated by the progress
code and assigns it to the quote material line.

I hope that makes sense. This is a generic solution that would work
with multiple tools that have different usage numbers (QtyPers). If
it's only one tool and it's always one hundred uses then you could
hard code the logic in a Calculation Rule and assign that to the
QuoteMtl.QtyPer field:

toolQty = Round((quoteAsm.Qty * 0.01) + 0.5)

Mark W.
Mark -

Does your solution work with multiple quote quantities? In other words does the Quote Worksheet re-process the configurator rules for each qty quoted?

Calvin

P.S. - I'm not the one with the problem, just very intersted in the solution.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wonsil <mark_wonsil@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> > I understand that I can control the quantity of any material in PC. My problem is with multiple quantity breaks in the quote.
> > Example with tool qty/parent set to 0.01, I can make 100 parts with 1 tool.
> > 10 parts - quote 0.1 tools - needs to be 1
> > 50 parts - quote 0.5 tools - needs to be 1
> > 100 parts - quote 1 tool - correct
> > 150 parts - quote 1.5 tools - needs to be 2
> >
>
> Here's how I would do it:
>
> For the Mtl Seq line with the tool on it:
>
> - Create a Calculation Rule for the toolQty and set it to zero
>
> - Write a progress program that takes four inputs and one output and
> put it in your ud folder under server. The inputs will be your quote
> number, quote line, assembly seq, and the material sequence number.
> (You may not need the Assembly Seq Nbr if you have a flat BOM) The
> program would then look up quote to get the part/revision/assembly/mtl
> seq record in PartMtl in order to retrieve the original QtyPer.
> Perform the calculation multiplying the PartMtl.QtyPer by the quote
> quantity and round appropriately. Set the toolQty output parameter.
>
> - Create a Call Program Rule passing the QuoteNum, QuoteLine, and toolQty
> ud\GetToolQty.p (input GetCurrentQuoteNum(), input GetCurrentQuoteLine(),
> input
> GetRuleCurrentAsmblSeq(CurrentTableName,CurrentInRowID),
> input
> GetRuleCurrentMtlSeq(CurrentTableName,CurrentInRowID),
> output toolQty)
>
> - Create a Set Field rule to assign the QuoteMtl.QtyPer = calculation
> field toolQty.
>
> So there are three rules involved. The first creates the variable
> toolQty. The second passes that variable to a progress program. The
> third takes the calculated field which was updated by the progress
> code and assigns it to the quote material line.
>
> I hope that makes sense. This is a generic solution that would work
> with multiple tools that have different usage numbers (QtyPers). If
> it's only one tool and it's always one hundred uses then you could
> hard code the logic in a Calculation Rule and assign that to the
> QuoteMtl.QtyPer field:
>
> toolQty = Round((quoteAsm.Qty * 0.01) + 0.5)
>
> Mark W.
>
Calvin asks:
> Does your solution work with multiple quote quantities? In other words does the Quote Worksheet re-process the configurator rules for each qty quoted?
>

I believe the Quote Worksheet is working on a single quantity
(Expected - I can't remember). You'd have to right-mouse click the
MOM, delete the Details, change the quantity, and then do another Get
Details. The method rules are firing during the Get Details
processing. You would not have to reconfigure - just rerun the Quote
Line | Get Details.

Wait a minute. You're more interested in the Quote Worksheet than the
actual quantity pulled at this point. In that case, I would modify the
Crystal Report for the Quote Worksheet. I would create a formula that
would alter the quantity of any material that had a CheckBox01 set and
put the rounding rules in Crystal Calculations. I haven't looked at
QuoteWS.rpt so you might get code-blocked but worse-case scenario, you
recreate the QuoteWS.rpt to do this what-if stuff and not try to do it
on the Quote Materials.

Mark W.
Mark - First off I'm not the original poster, I'm just very interested in the solution to the problem.

I think the original poster (Scott Kaufman ???) wants the outputs of the Quote Worksheet (the on Screen Tab and Printout) to take into account the desired round-up. He said that the tool was the most significant cost, and that rounding up the qty on the report doesn't affect the per unit cost for various quoted quantities.

The Worksheet tab calculations(cost, price, profits, margins, etc...) are re-processed when you switch between the various quote quantities.

So it seems that a customization that is triggered by the change in QuoteQty row might be his only recourse. The logic would be to update the MtlQty of the tool based on the QuoteQty.OurQuantity of the current Quote Num/Line/QutoeQty.

This should make the Worksheet info correct, but would leave the MtlQty set at what ever the last QuoteQty was looked at. The Job.MtlQty would need to recalculate the qty based on the Job or Order Qty's.

Calvin

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wonsil <mark_wonsil@...> wrote:
>
> Calvin asks:
> > Does your solution work with multiple quote quantities? In other words does the Quote Worksheet re-process the configurator rules for each qty quoted?
> >
>
> I believe the Quote Worksheet is working on a single quantity
> (Expected - I can't remember). You'd have to right-mouse click the
> MOM, delete the Details, change the quantity, and then do another Get
> Details. The method rules are firing during the Get Details
> processing. You would not have to reconfigure - just rerun the Quote
> Line | Get Details.
>
> Wait a minute. You're more interested in the Quote Worksheet than the
> actual quantity pulled at this point. In that case, I would modify the
> Crystal Report for the Quote Worksheet. I would create a formula that
> would alter the quantity of any material that had a CheckBox01 set and
> put the rounding rules in Crystal Calculations. I haven't looked at
> QuoteWS.rpt so you might get code-blocked but worse-case scenario, you
> recreate the QuoteWS.rpt to do this what-if stuff and not try to do it
> on the Quote Materials.
>
> Mark W.
>
FYI, this appears to be a bug in eariler versions and was fixed in 700.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "c.krusen1" <ckrusen1@...> wrote:
>
> Mark - First off I'm not the original poster, I'm just very interested in the solution to the problem.
>
> I think the original poster (Scott Kaufman ???) wants the outputs of the Quote Worksheet (the on Screen Tab and Printout) to take into account the desired round-up. He said that the tool was the most significant cost, and that rounding up the qty on the report doesn't affect the per unit cost for various quoted quantities.
>
> The Worksheet tab calculations(cost, price, profits, margins, etc...) are re-processed when you switch between the various quote quantities.
>
> So it seems that a customization that is triggered by the change in QuoteQty row might be his only recourse. The logic would be to update the MtlQty of the tool based on the QuoteQty.OurQuantity of the current Quote Num/Line/QutoeQty.
>
> This should make the Worksheet info correct, but would leave the MtlQty set at what ever the last QuoteQty was looked at. The Job.MtlQty would need to recalculate the qty based on the Job or Order Qty's.
>
> Calvin
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wonsil <mark_wonsil@> wrote:
> >
> > Calvin asks:
> > > Does your solution work with multiple quote quantities? In other words does the Quote Worksheet re-process the configurator rules for each qty quoted?
> > >
> >
> > I believe the Quote Worksheet is working on a single quantity
> > (Expected - I can't remember). You'd have to right-mouse click the
> > MOM, delete the Details, change the quantity, and then do another Get
> > Details. The method rules are firing during the Get Details
> > processing. You would not have to reconfigure - just rerun the Quote
> > Line | Get Details.
> >
> > Wait a minute. You're more interested in the Quote Worksheet than the
> > actual quantity pulled at this point. In that case, I would modify the
> > Crystal Report for the Quote Worksheet. I would create a formula that