Menu Security Report

I had previously posted this about not being able to run the Menu Security Report. I have opened a ticket with Epicor but they had me run the Performance Diagnostic Tool. Not sure why but they found a few errors/warning and not that all I felt were related I did the fixes they suggested and the report will still NOT RUN…it times out.

I have another server for development and the report runs fine on that server. I also ran PDT and had all the same errors/warnings as my production. I don’t think that has anything to do with the report not running.

I even had someone i know who had Epicor installed local on there PC to test it and failed for them too.

Any thoughts, Suggestions on why this report will not run and how to get support to listen.

I just had someone I know at another company test this report and they got the same error.

I have never had success running this report.

Same.

Support: “Functions as expected. Closing case…”

:wink:

3 Likes

Did you actually get that response? I never took the time to create a case.

No. I was being facetious. But since it appears that all users have that issue, it must be a “feature”.

But I am surprised that if the bug is so persistent, that Support isn’t aware of it.

I would bet there is a problem case that has been open for a while.

If so, that sucks that they’d give @Kimberley the run-around, doing things that aren’t the actual solution.

This report runs well on our upgrade “test” production env. (10.2.300.11) Going live this week end, will make sure to test this afterwards…and post the result.

Pierre

1 Like

This report never worked for us. I suggest making a BAQ and exporting to excel as your report.

1 Like

Have you tried specifying filters?
I have a different version, but it also fails when I run it “wide open” no filters.
After adding a filter, one run was successful at least.
I have run into this issue with other reports, in several versions of Epicor.
Kind of a pain when this comes up… but I can usually break a problem print job up into several runs/filter options.

FYI… the error when running “wide open”… hmmmm?

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 10.50.1600.1
Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with
the following message: RunTask: Client found response content type
of ‘text/html; charset=utf-8’, but expected ‘text/xml’.

Yes I have only selected Active employees which is under 200 so it should run fine. I can run it if I select 1 user.

It ran fine for us in E9 but not in E10

I thought about making a BAQ but always thought getting all the right tables and joins were a nightmare.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve never liked the report so ended up building a few BAQs.

Wonder if you have access to EpicCare? There is a knowledgebase article “BAQ Example of CTE using Menu Hierarchy”.
https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=a4713280db2b6a04b3227e09af96199a

May be a foundation for adding the security components you need?
Note there are some allow/disallow fields which are tilde separated values, these can be a pain to break out.

1 Like

I pulled that KB but when I try to recreate what they have in there instructions I get an error. Has anyone successfully used this KB?

Attached is a BAQ I used for our security audit during our last upgrade. It gives the full menu structure and the assigned security for each menu item.
PSG-tmsIndentedMenu.baq (39.0 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks this is exactly what I was working on. I don’t understand why i was getting an error. I was trying to change the SubQuery Options and i get this…maybe something is out of sequence.

There should be four subqueries total in the BAQ:

That is what I was just wondering. The instructions from Epicor don’t say you have to have the sub queries first but makes sense… Thanks for your help.