MES Receipt Entry

FYI from Epicor CAM

You do need the Advanced Material Management module to do inventory management from MES terminal. He mentioned that the cutoff to justify the cost of the module is usually when about 4 users are taking up full office licenses to do nothing but move inventory around. The cheaper MES licenses plus the module cost are justified in the savings by not buying full office user licenses.
We're on version 8.03.408b and don't currently use MES but are looking to implement. Everything under the shipping/receiving tab is greyed out, regardless if I clock in, start an activity, etc. I have checked Shipping/Receiving defined under Production Mgmt > Job Mgmt > Setup > Shop Employee. Do we perhaps not license a required module? What am I missing?

The end goal is to setup an MES terminal at the receiving dock so an employee can do a Receipt Entry from there.
Thanks,
Jared
Not positive but pretty sure you need the Advanced Materials Management module (AMM) to do that from MES

--- On Mon, 3/29/10, k99ja04 <jallmond@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] MES Receipt Entry
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, March 29, 2010, 6:09 PM

Â

We're on version 8.03.408b and don't currently use MES but are looking to implement. Everything under the shipping/receiving tab is greyed out, regardless if I clock in, start an activity, etc. I have checked Shipping/Receiving defined under Production Mgmt > Job Mgmt > Setup > Shop Employee. Do we perhaps not license a required module? What am I missing?

The end goal is to setup an MES terminal at the receiving dock so an employee can do a Receipt Entry from there.
Thanks,
Jared

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Mark may be correct on that, but also check the shop employee setup, you need to have the employee designated as a material handler for that tab, and there is also a check box to authorize shipping and receiving transactions as well. We do have AMM and those boxes have to be checked otherwise they appear grayed out on the MES station. Though Im not positive AMM is a requirement, but that would be difficult for me to verify.

Rob Bucek

Manufacturing Engineer

PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 3111

FAX: (715)284-4084

<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

(Click the logo to view our site) <http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wagner
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:28 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] MES Receipt Entry

Not positive but pretty sure you need the Advanced Materials Management module (AMM) to do that from MES

--- On Mon, 3/29/10, k99ja04 <jallmond@... <mailto:jallmond%40wrightcoating.com> > wrote:

From: k99ja04 <jallmond@... <mailto:jallmond%40wrightcoating.com> >
Subject: [Vantage] MES Receipt Entry
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, March 29, 2010, 6:09 PM

Thanks,
Jared

We happen to have 8.03.305k without AMM and 8.03.409 with AMM. Without AMM, the material movements including shipping, etc. are blocked out.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "k99ja04" <jallmond@...> wrote:
>
> We're on version 8.03.408b and don't currently use MES but are looking to implement. Everything under the shipping/receiving tab is greyed out, regardless if I clock in, start an activity, etc. I have checked Shipping/Receiving defined under Production Mgmt > Job Mgmt > Setup > Shop Employee. Do we perhaps not license a required module? What am I missing?
>
> The end goal is to setup an MES terminal at the receiving dock so an employee can do a Receipt Entry from there.
> Thanks,
> Jared
>
I have verified that all the settings are checked under Shop Employee, so the consensus seems to be AMM is necessary. Can anyone absolutely confirm this before I call my CAM?

Other than training and limiting access to the more dangerous menu items, it there anything else I should be aware of if I give a shop level employee access to normal Receipt Entry?
Thanks,
Jared

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Bucek" <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> Mark may be correct on that, but also check the shop employee setup, you need to have the employee designated as a material handler for that tab, and there is also a check box to authorize shipping and receiving transactions as well. We do have AMM and those boxes have to be checked otherwise they appear grayed out on the MES station. Though Im not positive AMM is a requirement, but that would be difficult for me to verify.
>
>
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> Manufacturing Engineer
>
> PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 3111
>
> FAX: (715)284-4084
>
> <http://www.dsmfg.com/>
>
> (Click the logo to view our site) <http://www.dsmfg.com/>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Wagner
> Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:28 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] MES Receipt Entry
>
>
>
>
>
> Not positive but pretty sure you need the Advanced Materials Management module (AMM) to do that from MES
>
> --- On Mon, 3/29/10, k99ja04 <jallmond@... <mailto:jallmond%40wrightcoating.com> > wrote:
>
> From: k99ja04 <jallmond@... <mailto:jallmond%40wrightcoating.com> >
> Subject: [Vantage] MES Receipt Entry
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Monday, March 29, 2010, 6:09 PM
>
>
>
> We're on version 8.03.408b and don't currently use MES but are looking to implement. Everything under the shipping/receiving tab is greyed out, regardless if I clock in, start an activity, etc. I have checked Shipping/Receiving defined under Production Mgmt > Job Mgmt > Setup > Shop Employee. Do we perhaps not license a required module? What am I missing?
>
> The end goal is to setup an MES terminal at the receiving dock so an employee can do a Receipt Entry from there.
> Thanks,
> Jared
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>