MfgSys Error when switching between workstations

Thanks Ned.... I'm going to try this tomorrow while we ship and see if there's any improvement!

I have an issue I am hoping someone can lend some advice.  Various shipping stations throughout my shop are getting an MfgSys Error and are forced to close and re-open Epicor when they switch between Pack and MasterPack workstations and vice-versa.  I had a call with Epicor and they saw us receive the error but when I sent them my database they could not replicate the issue.  I am running out of ideas.

We are on 9.05.701

What happens if you do this on other workstations not out in the shop?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:00 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] MfgSys Error when switching between workstations

I have an issue I am hoping someone can lend some advice.  Various shipping stations throughout my shop are getting an MfgSys Error and are forced to close and re-open Epicor when they switch between Pack and MasterPack workstations and vice-versa.  I had a call with Epicor and they saw us receive the error but when I sent them my database they could not replicate the issue.  I am running out of ideas.

We are on 9.05.701

And what is the error message?

Manasa

Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:03 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] MfgSys Error when switching between workstations

What happens if you do this on other workstations not out in the shop?

Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:00 PM
Subject: [Vantage] MfgSys Error when switching between workstations

We are on 9.05.701

If I do this on any of out computers in the office they switch fine, without error.

The exact error is

"Mfgsys.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

2 Suggestions.

1-      Set the mfgsys.exe file to run in compatibility mode for XP SP3 – then test it.

2-      Delete the contents of the client folder on the workstation and then re-copy the client folder from the server(\\server\epicor905\client) to the workstation – then test it, you may need to redo #1 as well.

Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:56 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: MfgSys Error when switching between workstations

If I do this on any of out computers in the office they switch fine, without error.

The exact error is

"Mfgsys.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"