Minimum Order Qty & Value

I can imagine a 4GL BPM either tied to UD fields on the Part table, or the PriceLstParts table that would contain this MinOrderQty, and would be triggered on SalesOrder.Update (or some more specific method if there's one that gets fired when you add/modify an order line) to check to see if the quantity makes sense.

-bws

Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert Brown
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 2:45 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Minimum Order Qty & Value

I vagually remember that we 'soft' enforce this (on a small number of our 70,000+ saleable items) by setting up a price list of (for example):

1-49 pc Unit selling price = $999,999.99
50+ pc Unit selling price = $250.000

That may a custromer specific (if it's a configuration we only want to allow one customer to buy and resell) - so default Part sell price would $999,999.99 (for all other customers as there would be no other customer specific price lists to over-ride it).

(Could be wrong as it was two years ago but - ) I don't think v8.03.4xx supports a min selling qty directly.

Rob

Sent: Fri, June 4, 2010 2:07:33 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Minimum Order Qty & Value

Â
Is there any way to enforce a minimum order quantity or value on a sales order? I am checking out Customer Price Lists and Price Groups for the first time and can see how you would set up discounted price levels based on order qty and/or value but I don't see a way to set it up so that Customer ABC must order a minimum of, say 5, of Part X regardless of unit price or their total order value must be at least $1000. Since you can set up these parameters for Suppliers/Purchase Orders I would think you could do it for Customers/Sales Orders too. Anyone ever tried to do this? We're on Vantage 8.03.408B.

Thanks,
Aimee

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
Is there any way to enforce a minimum order quantity or value on a sales order? I am checking out Customer Price Lists and Price Groups for the first time and can see how you would set up discounted price levels based on order qty and/or value but I don't see a way to set it up so that Customer ABC must order a minimum of, say 5, of Part X regardless of unit price or their total order value must be at least $1000. Since you can set up these parameters for Suppliers/Purchase Orders I would think you could do it for Customers/Sales Orders too. Anyone ever tried to do this? We're on Vantage 8.03.408B.

Thanks,
Aimee
I vagually remember that we 'soft' enforce this (on a small number of our 70,000+ saleable items) by setting up a price list of (for example):

1-49 pc Unit selling price = $999,999.99
50+ pc Unit selling price = $250.000

That may a custromer specific (if it's a configuration we only want to allow one customer to buy and resell) - so default Part sell price would $999,999.99 (for all other customers as there would be no other customer specific price lists to over-ride it).

(Could be wrong as it was two years ago but - ) I don't think v8.03.4xx supports a min selling qty directly.

Rob

Sent: Fri, June 4, 2010 2:07:33 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Minimum Order Qty & Value

Â

Thanks,
Aimee

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]