Modern Shell Login error "Missing operand"

I’m getting the following when launching 10.1.400.23 as the modern shell. I don’t see it when using the Classic shell. Everything seems to work after dismissing that error message.

The only difference between the properties of the shortcut, is that the one that launches the classic shell includes /classic in the target. They both refer to the same sysconfig file, and startup in the same directory.

Here’s the details of the error message:

Application Error
Exception caught in: System.Data

Error Detail 
============
Program: System.Data.dll
Method: Parse

Client Stack Trace
==================
   at System.Data.ExpressionParser.Parse()
   at System.Data.DataExpression..ctor(DataTable table, String expression, Type type)
   at System.Data.DataTable.Select(String filterExpression)
   at IceShell.Apps.Home.HomePageApp.loadTiles()

More info …

Logging in as a different user, and I don’t get the error. So back on the original user, I purged all personalizations. Error still occurs.

If I go to the Settings -> Home Page, select the Reset Layout (and check the “Reset your home page to default layout” checkbox), and click the “OK” checkmark, I get the error again.

Did you delete the -808 folder? (the cache folder)

I did try the “Delete Cache” from within the E10 client.

Where is this “-808” folder you speak of?

Whatever instance you are having problems with. Sometimes the clear cache doesn’t get everything. I’ve had to do this with the old customizations hanging around problem. Your’s is different, but it re-writes itself when you log in again, so it doesn’t really hurt anything.

ProgramData is hidden so you have to change the setting to view that.

Found that and deleted it.

Actually, I deleted everything in the “c:\Program Data\Epicor” folder.

Problem still persists.

Well that’s about all I got. Sorry :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thing is, none of our users use the modern shell. I was just going to start using it to get used to it, for when we upgrade to 10.2 (or later).

I just don’t like the idea of unaddressed errors.

Did you get a resolution to this?

No.

We’re still on 10.2.300, with Windows binding (so no login screens are presented), and all users use the Classic shell.

Interesting. Only have on user with this issue and its only when she is trying to print. Just came up today.

FWIW - We were on 10.1.400 when I originally posted this topic.

Yeah, but I am having similar issue on 10.2.600.6

Try to look for Ice.Menu if there is any MenuID with an apostrophe, like UD’04

I had the same issue and manage to resolve the issue. The name of the AP Group is containing an apostrophe like FA08’23. You have to use ’ instead of '.