is there a way to customize a standard Search Form? - not using Quick Search
change a filter, add columns?

thanks

No, not without the sdk but Quick Search is specifically for this purpose

Yes

No

For specifics see this answer by @josecgomez

Filter:

You can intercept the call it makes, and manipulate the whereclause etc, but you’ll have
to decide if it’s a good idea. You’ll have to maintain it. I can show you if you explain
exactly what you want, but with functionality already built in to do so, … ya know?

Thanks for your help @klincecum, I want to customize Transfer Order Workbench search, I want to add a new column to the search and be able to filter using that column, “TFOrdDtl.ToPlant”, I saw that will be solve if the client upgrade the version, but not sure how long that will take.

hey @josecgomez thanks for your help, problem is: in this case quick search is not working, the return value is not loading anything in the screen. “Transfer Order Workbench”

I don’t think there is anything you can do except modify the filter statically. No way to customize the actual form.

You could make a dashboard with the filters you want, then use “Open With …” on the results.

1 Like

Return the SysRowID of the record

2 Likes

Do you have something working that you could share? for this screen?

all things I tried didn’t work

I don’t have Transfer Order Workbench.

Take a look at this thread and try to translate it to that.

as @josecgomez said, quicksearch is what this is for… dont attempt to customize the base form… simply create your own BAQ and associate it to a quicksearch, and then mark it as a base search, and it will replace the normal search. no need to build a customization when we give you a tool.

3 Likes

Hi @timshuwy I appreciate your help, the problem is, the table that TransferOrder Workbench uses (TFOrdSug) is not fill will all the Transfer Orders the search pulls, so is not like I can create a BAQ that return the TFOrdSug.SysRowID for every TFOrdDtl, so at the moment I return a row from a QuickSearch or BAQ for this screen, is not populated, what else could I do ?

I had similar situation where user requested additional columns to Ship To quick search. One of the request was to add Address2 and address3.

I created BPM Shiptpo.getlist, post process and inserted additional columns. You can trace the client, find the business object/method call for transfer order. Getlist has more columns it returns that are not shown on the base search.

foreach(var select_xRow in (from res_Row in ttShipToList
    select res_Row))
    {

select_xRow["Address1"] = select_xRow["Address1"] + ", " + select_xRow["Address2"] + ", " + select_xRow["Address3"];

}

I came to this thread with similar goal of understanding how we can modify the built-in search slider panel layout because some of them are really bad.

Take a look at this Fulfillment Workbench Search panel for the default option All (had to reduce the browser to 75% to fit it in one screen).

It’s even worse for the Order option. (50% to fit it).

We cannot tell our users to scroll to the bottom to hit the search button. If they didn’t click anywhere else they can hit the Enter or Space key to trigger the search but they won’t remember to do that.

For some simpler Search we could replace the tool completely with a custom layout using BAQ but with others like this one it seems more challenging.

With 2023.1 Epicor claims they improved the use of screen real-estate but they still need to do more work. Bottom line, I wish there was a way to tailor the built-in Search. I haven’t check Epicor Idea but this may be there already.