Modifying a Production Template

I back with a different topic. I have been tasked with making changes to an existing template. Since coming back to Epicor, I have found a lot of new things. On this particular issue, I am looking for the best way to make changes to an existing template. Where to go find any template I am looking for and how to go about modifying it.

Thanks

Templates are just jobs marked as templates. they are in job entry.

I don’t know how to go about accessing and modifying the template I need. It’s something I have never done. My question is how do I go about pulling up the template of screen I need and modifying it.

Thanks

The DMT Templates aren’t really aligned directly with particular screens, but more with the tables beneath the screens. Are you familiar with the BAQ program? The DMT is very similar in concept to the BAQ. Since this is a data upload tool, it needs to know which database table (or group of tables) you want to work with.

In the previous question, you were asking about the Time and Expense Entry program. In this case, which program are you looking for a template to?

There is not a template screen. it is a job. Make any dummy job in entry so you can get details. In get details select the job tab

These are my template jobs, so if I opened one in job entry I could edit like any other job.

If you want to make a new template then take any job and check template

Thank You

I am sorry I did not make my question clear. I am tasked with modifying a template that is in use in Production. It is a Purchase Order Form and I am supposed to add some words to the form. This is separate from the one I have been working with DMT.

In Epicor, the word “template” can have at least 3 different meanings, so no problem. For your specific question, which I’ll paraphrase into “how do you change the wording on the printed Purchase Order form”, you will need to be able to modify the Report Style using the SSRS Report Builder, and possibly also changes to other fields in the Purchase Order, Supplier, or Part tables (if you need to add data to any of those locations).

Thanks, getting closer. I need to make the change to the form that appears on the screen and the printed report. As you can tell, I’ve never done this before that’s why I have all these questions. This is my first stab at changing something in Production ,(It has to be tried in test first). My main question is how to access the forms for example the PO Entry form. I know it may sound simple, but I have been reacquainting myself with Epicor and there is just a lot. So any information that sets me on the right path is greatly appreciated and welcome.

Thanks again

What do you need to change on the PO Entry screen? Let’s start with the easier one first.

I need to add the following to the form

No Deliveries on Friday
Receiving hours 8:00 – 4:00

I just need to get the first one out of the way.
Thanks

In my opinion, this does not need to be on the Purchase Order Entry form. Your purchasers (buyers) should already know this, and this message is for your Suppliers who aren’t going to see it there.

This type of message is what I usually call “boilerplate” information that is typically part of your “Terms and Conditions” that print by default on ALL purchase orders… and that isn’t something I can help you with… but there are LOTS of other folks here with that knowledge and ability.

OK. I hope this is it. Let’s say I want to modify or add a field on the form. How do I do that. I am getting ready to go to a class for this but I would like to know a little bit more before I go to the class. I am looking at a lot of information trying to educate myself on Epicor, and there is a lot. Thanks for helping. Everything you say puts me a little further ahead than I started. By the way where is the “boiler plate” usually stored. This is a request from a user and I am just trying to get them what they want.
As I said, I appreciate every contribution you’ve made towards extending my knowledge of Epicor.

Thanks Again

There isn’t a “short” course for this…

Do you have access to EpicWeb? Log in there, click on the Documentation link in the page header and select User Guides from the dropdown. Scroll down the page to the “Epicor ERP 10” section and download the document “Epicor ERP Customization User Guide 10.2.700”. You’ll be most interested in chapters 3, 4, and 5, and having this reference will be a great benefit to your upcoming class.

Thank You. I’ll look into that. Greatly appreciated.

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking about the SSRS file used to create the Purchase Order output which resides in/on the SSRS Server. You should be able to find and update this using the details in the Report Style Maintenance UI.

Thanks, I have to get clarification from the user if that should appear on the form or both the form and the printed report. I am working on the assumption that he wants it on the screen to. If it turns out that he just wants it to print on the report, then I should be able to handle that with the directive you just sent. Greatly appreciated.