I was having the same trouble–not having a list of what menu items are actually available to me, so I made a spreadsheet. It uses the “Module” field in the menus table to filter based on what modules are licensed.
Menus Workbook.xlsx (632.3 KB)
Notes on using it:
- I am using 10.2.600, so the menu items could be different in your version
- Download the menu items using a BAQ on Ice.Menu and paste into “Menu Detail” sheet (be careful to preserve the order of columns and the formulas in the last four columns)
- Download the licensed modules using “copy all include labels” in the Company Configuration license tracker and paste into the “Modules” sheet (being careful to preserve the Module ID, which is hand-entered)
- Sort the menu detail items based on the calculated “Hierarchy Code”
- The grouping on “Menu Licd” was done by hand, but it wouldn’t be hard to create a macro to do it more efficiently
The “Menu Licd” sheet constructs the menu, in order, based on what modules you have licensed. It’s about 90% accurate, and for greater accuracy, you’ll have to go through menu by menu, line by line, and check it, manually showing or hiding items using the right-most column on the Menu Detail sheet. I had to hide a bunch of location-specific screens that are technically licensed but don’t apply to us here in Canada.