MRP 10.1.600.9 Stuck on deleting unfirm jobs

I have a test app server at patch 10.1.600.9. MRP net change runs fine. The full regen will run for about an hour and then time out. MRP logs show last step is “Beginning of Delete Unfirm Jobs”.

This is a copy of our database from 10.1.600.3 where full MRP regen works fine. I verified the system agent user name and password, and the SQL database permissions match between the databases. I even disabled all BPMs and DDs that involve the job tables, still times out. There are only 3275 unfirm jobs in this database.

I know I’ve seen this before and it was a matter of clearing out a 2nd user name / password in the system agent, but I don’t see those additional fields anymore.

Has anyone else run into this and was able to resolve?

Thanks!
Jenn

Are any jobs actually deleted? If you have DMT, you can delete the jobs using it. Then try running MRP again.

Hi Jenn,

Do you have any information in your MRP logs? When we were first testng E10 we had same problem. It did have to do with our print account password being expired unexpectedly upon upgrade… The account also needs allow session impersonation to be clicked. Here’s what our logs looked like for the two errors. Once fixed we were good to go.

One other thought, have you tried manually deleting some of the jobs and do you get error in server log at all?

HTH,
Nancy

1 Like

Not sure if related but once the “Time To Change Your Password” prompt comes up, we find the TaskAgent cannot run any jobs under that ID. Once the password has been changed and the warning message goes away, then you can run jobs (including printing).

Mark W.

Yes, that happened to us, except ours would get stuck on “Deleting transfer order suggestions”
Turn on your MRP logging (on the Process MRP screen there is drop down for “Logging Level” - change this to MRP) and then as Nancy mentioned, you will most likely see an error regarding a password. Make sure you are not using the MANAGER account. Per support “We have known issues with MRP and using the manager account” I will try to attach some steps given to us by support: steps.txt (2.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the responses - as an update:

• None of the unfirm jobs were deleted.
  • The MRP log just shows a timeout expired after about an hour.
  • We did not have any password expiration on our task agent account, it is not the manager account and it is setup as impersonate.

I did open a call with support on this and we are working through it. I’ll post an update when we figure it out.

Thanks!
Jenn

2 Likes

We’ve just started having this problem in the last week in 10.0.700.4. I’m guessing we’ve got a data issue somewhere that needs resolving.

I’ve never been live on 10.0.700.4… We did track down our issue a little further. It’s the deleting of transfer orders in the MRP process that’s hanging us up. That query runs for an hour and then cancels out the MRP process for time out. If I run the exact query as a select it returns in no time (with no records). Support is on it, we just changed all our transfer parts to purchased as a workaround while we test the rest of the .9 patch. As long as no parts get into TFOrdDtl MRP will run.

I’m experiencing this right now JennL - did you ever get a solution?

Her issue was on 10.1.600.9 probably a bug which can be seen in their 600 change log :slight_smile: to be fixed in higher versions. Similar bug fixes have been applied to 500.20-36

Notably the dark orange lines:

I ended up figuring this out for our situation, I’ll just follow-up on my original thread over here:

Our issue was directly related to transfer orders and is resolved in a patch. We opted not to use transfer orders at go live (have serial tracked, configured parts and those don’t play well with transfer orders unless you make them stocked instead of shipping from a job).

Yah, my guess is that the patch probably changes the query that runs to be something more optimal? Or maybe they add an index on the DB like I am doing. Either way, I’m working around it for now, hopefully upgrading to 10.2.xxx next year.

Hi,

I have the same issue on 10.2.300.15 , this is new install and Live is working fine but in Pilot and Test MRP stuck on Deleting Transfer Order Suggestions…I have add log to MRP but is empty…

Many Thanks for any help.

We opted not to use transfer orders, so I don’t have any 10.1.600 or 10.2.400 details to add. We have configured and serial tracked parts that forced us into PO/SO between plants. We even do stock parts this way to keep it consistent between users. I do
know those transfer order deletes were what hung up our MRP when we were testing them.

Good luck!

Jenn