Mrp - qty's & job suggestions

Running MRP to create jobs that will go to inventory, Make Direct on the SO is not checked. As jobs are completed and parts moved into inventory, MRP will then suggest more of the same jobs that were just completed and put into inventory. How do you make it so MRP sees the completed parts are on hand on not just keep making repeat jobs?

You should post an image of your Time Phase for the part.

Is that inventory location nettable?

not sure what that means

If this box is checked:

It indicates that MRP should NOT look at this supply as available to fulfill demand. So, it would give you the behavior you are seeing. A job fulfilled the demand but once it closed and the inventory was moved to a non-nettable bin, MRP would order more to fulfill the unmet demand since there is no available supply.

And I would post the Time Phase so John can see other issues. He’s VERY good at scheduling issues.

1 Like

That was one of the things I was going to have them check. I also wanted to see if there was a minimum on the part. Great minds think alike. :laughing:

If you are more on the administration side of the system, and not a user, I would ask someone who is a user to show you the Time Phase screen as it is invaluable. If no one there knows about the screen, let us know and we can provide instructions.

This was it, Thanks!

1 Like