MRP skips site but runs when prodcodes are selected

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. We recently merged another plant into our Epicor Production environment, 10.1.500.19. We run MRP net change and PO Suggestions net change nightly. However since this plant has come on, their parts are getting skipped/missed by both MRP and PO Suggestions processes. Their parts are setup exactly like our other sites, manufactured parts have process mrp checked on the part site record and purchased parts have generate po suggestions checked on the part site record. Last evening we ran MRP with their product groups selected in the filter and everything ran fine, with suggestions appearing when it was done, as expected. The plant/site is not filtered when we run the MRP process normally. Is there anything at the site level that would cause MRP to skip over parts with a specific site? I know when we ran with logging, it said generating part list, does anyone know the the process of how Epicor generates its part list for MRP?

Thanks, any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

One thing worth checking if you are running MRP as a Scheduled Task is that the user running the task has access to the Site.

Thanks for quick response!

My user has access to the new site as well.

Hi Don,

When we went from E9 to E10.1.600.5 we had a big bug where the PO suggestions were not generating properly for our multi-site purchasing. Over the course of several MRP runs, eventually all suggestions went to a single site/warehouse. We had to go to E10.1.600.20 about 6 months later to fix it. This was the epicor SCR:

Perhaps you are now having a similar bug?

Nancy

Did you create a new task after adding this Site?

I don’t think we are experiencing that bug @Nancy_Hoyt, as we have other sites that are working perfectly fine with both MRP and PO Sugg.

@Jason_Woods I had not deleted the scheduled task until we did so in testing the last couple of days. I ran it last night, with a new task wide open with no filters. It hit 1200 parts this time which is a drastic improvement, but they say there is still suggestions missing. I talked with support and they said this shouldn’t matter that the task was created before the data move.

MRP net change took a couple hours to run with 6-7 sites, PO Suggestions net change ran in 1 minute and 10 seconds for the same 6-7 sites.

I don’t deal with suggestions much, am I correct in saying once they pull them in from the new/change workbench, they are gone and will only come with another change to that part/po?

Thanks for your help guys!!

I would offer to run as a full regen if that is possible.
I have found that some companies have BPMs that set values but don’t update the PartDtl table. This is the supply/demand table, so it could very easily be out of sync.