MRP suggests to cancel firm jobs

I’ve searched through here and Epiccare but haven’t found anything useful so far.
We have a customer order where we manufacture and ship parts over the course of a year. The order was created in August 2023, lines were added to the order and jobs were firmed, then jobs get completed and the parts ship on a regular basis. There was no issue until recently when MRP started suggesting canceling the unfirmed jobs and creating new jobs. See the screenshot of Time Phase below.

We have no Min on hand, no safety stock and have a days of supply of 365 days. I have set the Reschedule out delta to 15 and the reschedule in delta to 30.

There is no reason for MRP to suggest new jobs. What is driving the suggestions?
I also have a portion of the MRP pertaining to this part. I’ll try to find out how to attach it.

MRP Log 200062-PG-CR-6.12.txt (12.9 KB)
Here’s the MRP log.

The screenshot is not showing. Can you post again?

Can you see it now?

Yes, thank you.

My guess is the Days of Supply set to 365. If you can take that out and run MRP, we should see if that is it.

1 Like

I submitted this to EpicCare and spoke with someone about this issue. It seems I was using the Days of Supply the wrong way. By default, most of our parts have days of supply set to 30. For this part we moved the days of supply out to 365 thinking it would ignore all the current jobs and demands. In reality what it was doing was looking out a year and wanting to combine jobs for the total demand quantity. Since we have both min and max lot sizes set to 1,500 for the part it was creating as many jobs for quantity 1,500 as needed to fill the demand.
I changed the Days of Supply down to 10, just under the regular 14 day ship quantities and, after MRP has run, the other job suggestions have gone away.