[MT Cloud] Having trouble with simple report modification - add CashDtl.DocTranAmt to AR invoice form

The table is already part of the report.
I un-checked the box to exclude the column in the EDD
I added T3.DocTranAmt to the query in the report designer.
I added a field called DocTranAmt to the dataset.
I uploaded and ran the report, it had an error below. Am I missing any steps? Is there a way to get a more informative error message?

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'ARForm'. ---> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
Stack Trace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\Web References\SsrsReportService\Reference.cs:line 633
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.Render(SsrsRenderInformationBase renderInformation) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 142
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.<TraceReportRendered>b__0() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 87
   at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.TraceHandle.TimeAction(Action actionToTime) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\TraceHandle.cs:line 92
   at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.TraceHandle.AddTimedIfEnabled(String traceFlag, Action actionToTime, Func`2 messageBuilder) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\TraceHandle.cs:line 39
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.TraceReportRendered(String printProgram, String ssrsRenderFormat, Func`1 timedAction) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 95
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.RenderReportForPreviewOrGenerate(RenderedSsrsReport renderedReport) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 264
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 158
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ARFormReportProcessor.ProcessReportParts() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ARFormReportProcessor.cs:line 42
   at Ice.Core.RoutingAndBreaking.ReportPersister.Persist(ReportInstanceInformation reportInstance, Func`2 reportsRenderer, Action`1 fillSysRptLstRow, Action`2 processReport, Func`3 filterTableAttachmentsFunc) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RoutingAndBreaking\ReportPersister.cs:line 57
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RenderUnroutedSsrsReport() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 303
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RunSsrsReportIfEnabled() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 228
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.ProcessReportWithDataInPlace(Func`2 executeCommand, Func`2 executeReader, SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 111
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder.XMLClose() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 93
   at Ice.Core.RptTaskBase`1.XMLClose() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\RptTaskBase.cs:line 229
   at Erp.Internal.AR.ARInvForm.RunProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:\_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\AR\ARInvForm\ARInvForm.cs:line 1406
   at Ice.Core.TaskBase`1.StartProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\TaskBase\TaskBase.cs:line 47
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 98
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.11\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 57
   at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
   at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.400.0\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 592

File a Case Lad. Logging errors solely to the Windows Event Log is a Bad Idea :tm: Devs shouldn’t have access to servers - especially Prod. I think Epicor is working on this but for now you have to interrupt the Cloud Team. :roll_eyes:

Which table does T3 represent in your version? In my current ARInvoice, T3 represents FSCallMT, which does not contain that field.

If I recall correctly, ARForm has a VERY long query expression. So long, that some have had issues editing it.I just opened the ARForm.rdl that is supplied with 10.1.400, and it’s query expression is exactly 7,000 characters long.

Also, like @Paul_Mayevsky said, that’s probably not the right table. Even though it appears in the 3rd tabel of the RDD, there’s no relationship between the table order in the RDD and the RDL’s query expression.

In fact multiple DB tables are often combined into a single temp table for the reporting

Weird thing is, that none of the table relationships include the CashDtl table (which holds the DocTranAmt you’re looking for).

If anything, I’d try adding that field to table T1.

1 Like

Hmm, tried a couple different tables now, including T1. Send a message to the cloud team asking for the log.

If its not a difficult task, could someone add the CashDtl.DocTranAmt to the attached report?

ARInvoiceFormEP.zip (65.6 KB)

I got the error off the server, its not much help:

Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'ARForm'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The multi-part identifier "T1.DocTranAmt" could not be bound.

Anything else I should try?