Multi-Company processing?

What is your processing delay set to for your multi-company processes? Ours is set to 1 minute.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pklein256" <pklein@...> wrote:
>
> We're on version 405A and just started using multi-company processing.
>
> The problem I have is that it takes HOURS for Sonic to transfer the data between the 2 companies.
>
> We have 6 other companies set up and I have external company relationships with those other companies - solely for the purpose of being able to create global BAQ's for dashboards and reports (not to transfer customers, parts etc or do intercompany trading) and I do not have any of that checkmarked to send those records between companies.
>
> within the multi-company log I can see thousands of records being transfered from my parent company to Every External company realationship - Sending OrderHed and GLBCustCred records (which can be seen in IntQueOut) regardless that the external company does nothing with cutomers.
>
> Epicor's repsonse was "This has been mentioned before with multicompany and they need to check with their developers in Australia."
>
> Has anyone else experienced this and have a work around? Does anyone have multi company processing working?
>
> We're still trying to get the full inter-company process - sending orders/po's/invoices etc working in our test environment, but at this rate of transfer speed - it's doesn't look like we can use it anyways. we can't mark a customer as global in our parent company and wait a day to have that transfered to a child comany to take the order.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated. I've got a few ideas for some work-arounds, but it would be nice to get the Multi-Company process working properly.
>
We're on version 405A and just started using multi-company processing.

The problem I have is that it takes HOURS for Sonic to transfer the data between the 2 companies.

We have 6 other companies set up and I have external company relationships with those other companies - solely for the purpose of being able to create global BAQ's for dashboards and reports (not to transfer customers, parts etc or do intercompany trading) and I do not have any of that checkmarked to send those records between companies.

within the multi-company log I can see thousands of records being transfered from my parent company to Every External company realationship - Sending OrderHed and GLBCustCred records (which can be seen in IntQueOut) regardless that the external company does nothing with cutomers.

Epicor's repsonse was "This has been mentioned before with multicompany and they need to check with their developers in Australia."

Has anyone else experienced this and have a work around? Does anyone have multi company processing working?

We're still trying to get the full inter-company process - sending orders/po's/invoices etc working in our test environment, but at this rate of transfer speed - it's doesn't look like we can use it anyways. we can't mark a customer as global in our parent company and wait a day to have that transfered to a child comany to take the order.

Any comments would be appreciated. I've got a few ideas for some work-arounds, but it would be nice to get the Multi-Company process working properly.
We have three companies involved in MultiCompany processing, and generally records (customers, suppliers, BAQs, AP invoices, etc.) are exchanged within one minute.

-bws

--
Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pklein256
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:01 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Multi-Company processing?

We're on version 405A and just started using multi-company processing.

The problem I have is that it takes HOURS for Sonic to transfer the data between the 2 companies.

We have 6 other companies set up and I have external company relationships with those other companies - solely for the purpose of being able to create global BAQ's for dashboards and reports (not to transfer customers, parts etc or do intercompany trading) and I do not have any of that checkmarked to send those records between companies.

within the multi-company log I can see thousands of records being transfered from my parent company to Every External company realationship - Sending OrderHed and GLBCustCred records (which can be seen in IntQueOut) regardless that the external company does nothing with cutomers.

Epicor's repsonse was "This has been mentioned before with multicompany and they need to check with their developers in Australia."

Has anyone else experienced this and have a work around? Does anyone have multi company processing working?

We're still trying to get the full inter-company process - sending orders/po's/invoices etc working in our test environment, but at this rate of transfer speed - it's doesn't look like we can use it anyways. we can't mark a customer as global in our parent company and wait a day to have that transfered to a child comany to take the order.

Any comments would be appreciated. I've got a few ideas for some work-arounds, but it would be nice to get the Multi-Company process working properly.

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links