Multiple Cost Estimates on One Line in Quote Entry

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so let me first say thank you to everyone who will read this and may have a desire to help a fellow Epicor user out!

I work on the Sales side of a smaller organization that has recently (last 8 months) fully transitioned over to Epicor. We are a small job shop that “makes to order” 99% of our jobs.

My question is specifically centered around the cost estimation side in the Opportunity/Quote Entry screen. Majority of the requests for quote (RFQ’s) we get ask for us to quote multiple quantities (say 2pieces and 50pieces). The cost structure for 2 vs. 50 pieces is very different (different scrap rates, efficiencies gained in Operations, and many more), but Epicor will only allow me to keep one cost estimate per line quoted, therefore a cost estimate for one of the quoted quantities will always be lost (or not kept inside Epicor).

Essentially, I am trying to understand if any other organization out there has found an effective workaround to combat the issue of having multiple cost estimates for the different quantities on the same line.

Again, I appreciate any and all help that is offered.

I hope you all have a great and successful week!

When you are on a line in the quote, do the new drop down and select “New Qty Break”. You will get a new row in this:

Enter the quantity for the new row. Select the row in the box and go to the cost worksheet to see the cost for that quantity.

1 Like

Also note that the manufacturing operations can have different operation standard breaks for situations where the speed you can make the parts changes with quantity. Additionally, materials and subcontract operations can have price breaks from your suppliers.

1 Like

Thank you for that. However, it still pulls the same material estimates even though they are going to be different for the change in quantities.

The per-unit material costs will be the same no matter the final quantity unless you have supplier price breaks or flat scrap and/or material usage factors. Since material is usually entered in a qty per parent format, the unit cost of the material won’t change unless you introduce one of the factors above.

1 Like

Hello Jonathan,

Epicor can do this adjustment using the Product Configurator and it works very well with the Quote Module. You do have to code your rules for materials and operations but it is certainly possible.