Multiple part images using DMT

What would be the quickest way to upload thousands of part images into the database ? I know you can upload images through image maintenance, then assign it to the part, but, is there a way to assign a part image from a path through DMT without having to upload the image through image maintenance ?

You would be well served to store the files not in a database but rather in a file server and store the link in the database

Yes ideally that is what I would like to achieve, would the images still show under part maintenance under attributes ? Do you have an example of how this could be set-up ?

There is the Part Attachments table in DMT. They aren’t images, just links to image locations. However, as long as the computers/users have access to the file location, and an image viewer, it would be fine.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t DMT’d part attachements, only invoices and it uses the similar table.

Where can the attachments be seen on the front end ?

They’ll show up (assuming this attachments table works the same as invoice attachments…) under the Part in stuff like Part Tracker, Part Maintenance, etc. I cut off the document in the image intentionally

I think @emzi1981 was hoping the actual image would display somewhere in the client. That is a just a icon/link you can right click and open in another program.

Just an FYI here, DMT of part attachments has had some bugs historically. Search here in epiusers.help on DMT Part attachment error to see details. If you go in this direction, I’d check that the DMT basically works for the DMT of a part attachment first.

Nancy

2 Likes

Or add a control to display the image.

For classic screens: CEF To Load Documents on Order Entry Screen - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Or for Kinetic: Application Studio, add a Website widget (which I haven’t tried yet but looks promising here)

2 Likes

In 10.2.400 there is a menu called “image maintenance”. It has an action to import and one option is a folder. Not sure if there is a kinetic version of this