Multiple Ship From Locations on Single order (different FOB per line/release?)

Does anyone have orders that ship from different plants or warehouses? How do you handle different FOB (or Incoterms) per line/release?

For example 1 items ships from a plant in TX and another item is shipping from a warehouse in WI. How do you communicate to the customer (on an OA) what the FOB point is for these items?

Out of the box, Epicor does not support FOB at the line/release level. Depending on your needs, there are a couple of ways to handle it.

The simplest is to just add it in the Shipping comments on the Pack Slip, but that means somebody has to remember to put it there since it’s not automated at all.

What I’ve done at a couple of places is to add a UD field on OrderRel that ties to the FOB table; some BPMs to bring that value into the ShipDtl; and then prints on the Pack Slip.

I see that Epicor has added Incoterm and Incoterm Location on Quote Header and Order Header. But we still have the issue of multiple lines on a single quote or order that will be originating from different sites. How do others communicate that information on Customer Facing Documents?

I think the Incoterm and Incoterm Location should be carried through to the Line/Release level, so that is can be made clear to the customer where each line/release is originating from and who pays for that freight.

Epicor already pushes fields from Header down to the Line-Release level (fields like “Need By”, “Ship By”, “Ship Via”), but gives uses the choice to either not push the changes down and allows for individual Line-Releases to be changed for accuracy. The same should be done for Incoterm and Incoterm Location.

If you ship from more than 1 site and could benefit from this, please vote for my Idea (KIN-I-4559):
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4559

Could you not leverage the From Site and From Warehouse data on the release level?

OrderRel.Plant
OrderRel.WarehouseCode

Garret,
That could work for an order, but what would you need to setup if your vendor was drop shipping an item (so not from any of your plants or warehouses)?

How do you communicate that information on a Quote (when the customer is evaluating all of the relates costs to acquiring equipment)?