My thumb got stuck

@JasonMcD, I just read your self-bio on your profile… it’s illuminating!

Stick with what you’re comfortable with. If you’re getting your work done and don’t want to do the “more hardware” thing, then don’t.

And go out and buy a newspaper!

3 Likes

I used to get a little annoyed at that, but using the windows key plus the arrows makes it easy.

I hit a nerve or something lol. This is one thorough response.

I get the sense that most of you geek out about your home office setup. Yeah, I don’t have that; I’m in the office 5 days a week.

We did actually move into a bigger house this summer, and I have a tiny desk that’s actually an old inherited vanity that I want to refinish. (I ditched the mirror.) But I’ll still only stick with a laptop.

This is true; I don’t do this enough.

Minus the price tag, this is probably a screen that you would like better:

Cool… and yet why???

I mean, I get the jab from you to me, but seriously who on earth is this marketed to?

Yeah no kidding.

Kindles have been quite popular. It is much more like a newspaper to your eyes.

tbh if it was $200-$300 I think I would get one.

1 Like

I got ya no nerve was hit it was mostly for fun. You do you and whatever works for you is great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to bring up FancyZones of Power Toys too!

Oh sure, but wow, you really are passionate about 2+ monitors!

1 Like

I told him to quit arguing with people on the internet! (He didn’t listen… clearly).

and @Evan_Purdy , that e-ink monitor is kinda cool. I love my kindle e-ink for reading. Computer work would be very very difficult though, as the response is slow. Good enough for turning a page, but using a mouse on a screen would be painful!

1 Like

I would wager a great majority of IT folks are

2 Likes

Yeah, I looked at a video of that screen. Looks a lot faster than a kindle but still pretty choppy… probably 20-25 hz looks like… I do like 144 hz over 60 quite noticeable for me so 20 would still be painful