Mystery Auto-Print

Hello Users,

I am trying to track down a particularly elusive process that is occurring in our environment. Our RMA team previously, automatically printed a document with RMA, DMR, and Serial information anytime an RMA disposition was processed… After a server change, we inadvertently broke the process and now over the course of a day, two specific RMA documents print will print numerous copies.

I’ve found some references in our SQL tables and can control WHERE the print jobs are sent by updating that table with a printer network path but I’m not sure WHY they are being sent or how to change that trigger to point back to real-time RMA data. I also see the user that triggers the print job and it is our admin account that many of our scheduled tasks run off of but I also can’t find a scheduled windows task in our agent or app servers.

I’ve found a BPM that triggers at the same time as the print but does not have an Auto Print node attached to it and have also done a quick BPM search for any BPMs with “print” in the body but that was also a dead end.

I also can’t find the report style that prints or a reference to the document in our SSRS doc repository.

So my question to the collective is, how would you track this print process down and edit it? I feel that the complexity of our system is my main challenge here and have been dabbling in trying to just recreate the process with a new Report Style, RDD, BPM, and Bartender Doc but that is also been a challenge to automate.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t have a good answer to your question. Just an idea. Check to see if you have any Breaking/Routing rules setup for that report style. Funky things can happen in a breaking/routing.

You could try disabling BPMs in your sysconfig and try triggering it again, that would at least tell you whether it’s a BPM. I’m not sure offhand whether that disables data directives though.