National Accounts - looking for someone who knows this feature very well

So @jkane do you have all your national accounts set up with the same RlsClassCode?

Back when I did use them, I believe I did. But that was way back in 10.1 :astonished:

thanks!

I cannot find the screenshot, am I missing something?

Tracy, I am working through this right now and also going to get our credit person up to speed with me and then we can probably all chat.

I sense you have some interesting set ups, but overall this is how I am taking it:

In company configuration you get to pick a relationship class for credit sharing, reporting, and payer bill-to.

The credit sharing and reporting classes MUST be tiered (which kinda makes sense).

Then you have payer bill to class - which is non-tiered.

You then add each of your distributors to one or many of those classes.

I think the only thing you can do is override payer bill to on each of your customers.

I am playing with this in our Pilot environment right now. I created the relationship classes and then assigned them at the company level.

I am getting ready to open up National Account Relationship and create top customer. Is there an easy way to DMT this information? I looked at the base fields needed and I am not sure of a few of them or what they mean or come from…

I would create it using the Epicor interface first and then I would look at these tables to see how it all comes together and maybe then try and create the DMT

erp.RlsHead
erp.RlsGroup
erp.RlsLevel
erp.RlsParent

I was also just about to work through a DMT

TopCustomerCustID is required.
NewChildCustID is used for Tiered, NewCustID is for Non Tiered, only one is required.

2 Likes

This is what I have for a tiered DMT import
Company, RlsClassCode, TopCustomerCustID, NewChildCustID, NewCustID

Import in DMT is under Management \ Financials \ National Account Relation

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I created in our PILOT environment, then even recovered our production environment and tried again this time with DMT and all was great. My A/R team is going to be so happy!

1 Like

I really, really appreciate everyone’s help on this topic. Thank you! Finally got this conquered and my accounting team will be very happy with the outcome I believe.

2 Likes

Would you please let us know of any “glitches” with it?

Are you still on 10.2.100?

The first thing I noticed is that the Mass credit review and mass credit recalc programs don’t process national accounts. (in 10.2.500).

1 Like

I just gave the Accounting team the information. We are still on 10.2.500.30 as well. We are getting ready to move to Kinetic. Will have to move our production environment there and try as well.

I am only using the payer bill-to at the time. I already have the reporting set up different for groups and have custom UD customer classes identified as something that we needed. We aren’t using the global credit at this time either.

1 Like

I see, well that is probably the most tedious part, processing payments, and credits, and what not.

Just note that the customer credit side doesn’t seem to be as clean as using the built in “own credit.”

Not sure if you have the same problem we have, but credit sometimes needs to be recalculated for one reason or another so we have to use those two programs that I mentioned in my last post. Additionally, we like to have the system take customers on and off credit hold nightly using the “mass credit information Update” program.

Pretty much we use this process that @Rick_Bird details here (Customer Credit Hold Remove Automatically - #11 by Rick_Bird). This whole process doesn’t work on national accounts in our current state.

1 Like

That’s an understatement…

I’m going to let our credit manager tell me what they’d like to do. I figure we’ll give it a go for a minute and see.

1 Like

Thank you all the thread has been really informative our industry has had a lot of consolidation recently and we have been using the Parent/child setup for some time to allow us to apply payments across related customers which works well. I do not however think we have the setup quite right as we have been unable to work out how to issue a Customer statement to the Parent that contains all of the childs transactions does anyone have this working in their setup?

Hi! So, we use national accounts in our business when a customer still wants to receive separate statements for each branch they have (may have different people assigned to reconcile at month-end, etc.) When a customer wants to only receive one statement for all accounts, we create a “billing” account and then assign that as the alternate bill-to for all of the “child” accounts and set it as the default. This will flow all sales orders/invoices to the billing account and generate one statement. It also makes credit holds a bit easier for us to look at as we can see all open invoices/orders for all child accounts under that account within the Customer Credit Manager screen. I can provide more detail if this is what you were looking for!

2 Likes

I didn’t try the customer statement side. I would presume that it’s related on the billing statement feature. I will try to see what I can do. We don’t do consolidated statements, we show it by customer location still and use a CodaBears statement quick print implementation.