Need help using Tasks in Quotes

I need to know whether adding tasks to quotes is a good way to manage follow-ups on quotes. Currently we add the task set to quote upon creation with only the “win lose” task.

we need to perform two follow ups before win/lose. The plan is to add Milestones in in the task set as “Followup-1” and “Followup-2”, in addition to existing “win or lose” task. Then the tasks will be viewed in a “quote dashboard” by salespeople in order to manage.

1. Follow up 1:
  • sequence-10
  • This task will be First milestone.
  • No win or lose allowed.
  • Current stage - Opportunity
  • Next milestone will be follow up 2
  • Days to complete is 14
  1. Follow up 2:
  • This task is similar to task 1
  • sequence-20
  • Days to complete 28
  • next milestone is “win/lose” task.
  1. Win/lose:
  • sequence-30
  • mandatory
  • days to complete 35 days
  • win/lose allowed
  • current stage: quote

I’m don’t have much experience on sales side and hoping to learn from the experts here. If you have any advice on this i would appreciate!

First off, I don’t believe you will need a dashboard as they can just use the Task screen.

I would allow them to Win/Lose at all of the tasks. If they follow up and get the order, or get a hard no, they are not going to want to complete tasks just to be able to Win/Lose.

1 Like

yes, I understand that win lose should be there for each task to not make things difficult. thanks for this.

I wanted to add the tasks details in our existing quote dashboard since the sales team want to be able to filter and see (at any given time) a list of quotes which are due for a follow-up.

I have another question for you anyone who’s happy to answer:
If I add the two new tasks on the existing ask set, will it affect past records adversely.?