New E10 Implemention freezing the first column in a grid

Hello everyone.
I’ve recently moved jobs to a new employer who is implementing E10, a total change in industry from my old work who were in professional services, so I am being exposed to a whole different set of modules and coming from E9, which is fun, and scary at the same time. :slight_smile: I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions, so apologies in advance if they may appear mundane, but perhaps they will spark some interest.

So a simple one, and I am sure the answer is just as simple. What is involved in freezing the left most column of a grid?

Cheers
Simon

Try this
https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-windows-forms/12801/freeze-the-first-two-visible-columns-of-a-ultrawingrid-on-horizontal-scroll

1 Like

You can also grab the edge of the horizontal scroll bar and drag it just like in Excel.

2 Likes

For the fear of sounding stupid here Jason, but have you got an example?. I tried what you suggested, but no cigar.

It is in the grid controls. The very small rectangle to the left of the arrow. The interesting I found is that you can grab it multiple times and make several fixed columns.

2 Likes

Thanks Greg, that is very sneaky.
Darn shame it does not work in the customization we have :frowning: But it does work in base forms. Yeah. Thanks for the clarification.

So it here and in this thread, we can use code too. Check out: