New PO Suggestion

How does a new PO suggestion show up in the PO Suggestion Entry screen to ‘buy’ and turn into a PO? What do I need to create in order to show up as a new PO suggestion?

Run Generate Suggestions. Then open Buyers workbench and pick the buyer. your user will need to be an authorized user for the buyer. in the left pane will be New PO suggestions. click on a material in that list and new PO Suggestion Entry opens. Check buy, save then pick actions generate purchase orders to make you PO(s).

1 Like

How do I create a suggestion to run generate suggestions? I am trying to test a particular customer with a particular part. The issue we’re running into is if we have a purchase point customer with ‘inspection required’, it does not flag it as inspection required when generating the PO suggestion.

It is my understanding that the PO won’t be set with inspection required unless you have an inspection plan set on the part. We don’t use inspection plans, so I wrote a bpm on PO.ChangeDetailPartNum that copies the flag from the part.

The fastest way for me to generate new PO suggestions in my test data is to delete the POs that were placed and then re-run generate suggestions.

The issue we’re seeing is for the same Part number but different Customers. One is a purchase point customer within that customer which is causing the issue when generating new PO suggestions. I want to re-create the scenario using the two different customers with that same part but don’t know how to get it to show up on the new PO suggestions in the first place. Where does new PO suggestions come from?

Enter new sales orders or delete Pos for the part you are testing. Run Generate suggestions. In Material Management > Purchase Management > General Operations.

Net change is only for changes and Regenerative deletes all suggestions and remakes them.

The part needs Generate PO suggestions checked on the Plants Detail tab.

Greg

If the company does not create or enter any sales orders, is there another way of generating the PO suggestions besides new sales orders?

You have to have some demand either sales or job material for the part to have a suggestion.

They don’t create sales orders or jobs. How else are they getting suggestions then?

Safety/Min/Max.
If the company doesn’t have Sales Orders nor Jobs, I’m curious how they are in business… just sayin.

-Rick

1 Like

They are mainly using the Material Management modules and do their SO and Jobs in a home grown application outside of Epicor.

So how is inventory being relieved and maintained?
Wouldn’t there need to be some sort of updating to Epicor for inventory to be correct so that other Epicor functions, like Material management can work?
If Safety/Min/Max are setup and there is a way for the inventory to be depleted then PO Suggestions can be generated accordingly.
Plans to get everything in one system or the other? It’s painful otherwise.

-Rick

Can you enter a Master Production Schedule or does that require MRP?

I believe they are using PO’s to maintain inventory and doing receipt entry. They are doing some updating through service connect between systems in some areas.

Would a purchase requisition generate new PO suggestions?

Yes a requisition will generate a suggestion. However, we are missing a big part of the puzzle. How do they drive demand into Epicor to deplete inventory like a previous comment requested?

Josh Owings | JR Automation | 22 S. Main St, x-apple-data-detectors://0/1 Greenville, SC 29601x-apple-data-detectors://0/1
ERP Systems Administrator | jowings@jrautomation.commailto:jowings@jrautomation.com | O: +1.864.627.0900tel:+1.864.627.0900 | C: +1.864.884.6587tel:+1.864.884.6587
Visit ushttp://www.jrauto.com/ on the web | Sign uphttp://go.jrauto.com/optin for our e-newsletter