No Save Confirmation when closing Kinetic windows

Hi guys,
we are about to finally make the switch from 10.2.300 to Kinetic 2021.1 :slight_smile: As we are making our way through the new GUI, we’ve noticed that there is no “Save Confirmation” displayed when closing a Kinetic window (you know, “Save changes before closing? Yes/No/Cancel”).

So right now, when we close a Kinetic window (doesn’t matter if using the installed client or web access) it will close and not save by default. This is kind of good as nothing gets saved accidentally. But this also takes away a reminder that you may have changed something, which in the old days you could have reviews after hitting “Cancel”.

Can you confirm that this dialog is now gone? We just want to be prepared to answer user questions once we will go live.

Many thanks,
Thomas

Be careful, I learned this the hard way with Kinetic - if you enter data in a Kinetic form it’s considered a dirty row and if you change data views it automatically saves and there’s nothing you can do about it.

However, there is a save confirmation that should pop up if you close the record without saving changes. If you check the box to stop warning you, though, I don’t know if there’s a way to undo it. I haven’t found a way how to yet.

If you check the box to stop warning you, though, I don’t know if there’s a way to undo it. I haven’t found a way how to yet.

I just did some testing in the Classic UI and it looks like it can be brought back through Personalization Purge at the form level.

@tstolz is this happening for every user or just you? It may be worth trying what I mentioned above.