Not getting PO Suggestion for purchase part

We have a fair amount of backlog that is past due because of the inability to get material and we wanted to allow the system to show when something should have been started even if it was in the past - if that makes sense.

I could try that in the morning after the MRP run overnight. What version are you on?

Hi Brandon/Wendy,

I have seen days of supply do interesting things especially with long lead parts. Wendy I would experiment with pushing that DOS out past the lead time to see the effect, perhaps set it at 100 and see if you get expected suggestions.

Nancy

Thanks! I’ll try that!

I swear Epicor has picked this week to see if it can break me…

Is Consolidated Purchasing selected in error - we had this on parts and MRP would look at them

• wouldn’t

Nope…no consolidate purchasing…

On the Part’s Part Class?

Nope…I double checked. And it seems to be the only part that is currently causing trouble…

I’m not sure as to why you have Urgent planning filled in with the exact same information as the normal purchasing criteria on the Site\Detail tab in Part Maintenance. Urgent planning should only be filled in when there’s an alternative option for when lead time from your normal supplier is insufficient.

Try deleting out all of the Urgent Planning details, as it could be confusing MRP.

On the main tab of Part Maintenance, make sure it’s set as “Type = Purchased” as people can change one and click “No” on the popup that asks if the Part and PartPlant records should be synced.

When scheduling MRP to automatically run, ALWAYS check the Dynamic checkboxes for both Cut Off Date and Schedule Start Date. Hard set dates are ONLY for manually processing MRP.

The 20 Days of Supply should result in 3 Purchase Suggestions. Make sure that the Method for the Manufactured Part doesn’t have the Material Part checked as View As Assembly, Pull As Assembly, or Plan As Assembly. (Just covering all of the bases of possible issues).

After that, compare this part setup with the setup of another part that is generating suggestions, just to see if there is anything set differently between the two. Check every tab thoroughly.

As a last ditch effort, set the part to Type = Manufactured on the main Part\Detail tab (and select Yes or OK to the popup window), Save. Then set the part back to Type = Purchased (Click Yes or OK again for the popup window), and save again. Then see what happens the next time MRP runs.