Not getting PO Suggestion for purchase part

I have a part that we should be seeing a Suggested PO for but we’re not. We currently have Zero inventory and demand for a total of 183 pcs. First demand is on 2/22/23 and lead time on the part itself is 90 days. The part is set up as a Purchased part, Quantity Bearing, Generate PO Suggestions is checked as is Process MRP. I’ve also checked and made sure that the sales orders driving the demand are firm. I’m stumped!

Can you show a screen shot of time phase?

So many times it’s a date missing, which is usually apparent in time phase, but it could be something else too.

Here’s the screenshot of TimePhase.

ok, well that looks good. Can you show a screen shot of when you run purchase suggestions?

Is this happening on a scheduled run? Or are you running it manually?

Also, you might have to release your jobs to drive demand.

MRP Process runs nightly and that has always created the suggested PO’s. I don’t typically run the Generate PO process separately. We typically get suggestions on all material whether the job is firmed & released or not.

I’m wondering if the scheduled process didn’t use a dynamic date, and you are running into a cutoff window.

When I started digging into this, I started finding a few other “oddities” which has me a bit concerned.

The MRP process is set up with a Scheduled Start Date of 12/16/2022 and we don’t have a cutoff date selected.

I think I’m going to kick everyone out of the system and run the MRP process again… and hope that solves the issue. I just hope there isn’t something system related that has gone awry for some unknown reason. I’ve got enough issues just trying to juggle supply chain craziness!

Can you also post a screenshot of the Part | Site screen?

I’m sorry, the Planning tab too please.

And, if you have Advance Planning and Scheduling, that tab too.

We don’t have Advanced Planning but here is the Planning tab…

@WendyB I would run generate suggestion with a log file and logging level of suggestions for this issue and I would have the nightly MRP log at MRP and Scheduling so you can always review for oddities.

You get the details by part of the processing.

2 Likes

Running Generate Suggestions seemed to do the trick - the part showed up on the Buyer Workbench after that. MRP ran as usual overnight and the buy suggestion was gone this morning. Running Generate Suggestions again.

(I love working when there is no one else in the building…if only I could ALWAYS do that! )

2 Likes

So that means that something in the settings for MRP run that you have scheduled is messed up.

That makes sense to me…but why do we get most PO Suggestions but clearly not all? It seems like it would be all or nothing?

It could be that because Days of Supply is only 20. I included a snapshot of DOS definition.

1 Like

I don’t think days of supply is it. The days of supply will look ahead from the next requirement, and if there any more requirements, will add those the PO.

But I do think it’s a date thing somehow. I’m just not sure how.

Here’s a screenshot of the MRP settings.

Is there a reason you are using a start date of 12/16/2022?