One Custom SSRS Report Errors Out in Pilot After DB Refresh from Live

We are on Kinetic Public Cloud. Our Custom Quote SSRS Form was working fine in Live and Pilot. Then, today we had the Pilot instance refreshed from Live.
Now, Pilot won’t print the quote form, but Live still works.
Standard SSRS forms work in both Pilot and Live.
All other custom SSRS forms work in Pilot and Live.
I have started from Quote Entry and Quote Tracker - same problem.
I have opened Base Only to eliminate our customizations - same problem.
System Monitor shows a long error, but it does not mean much to me.
Can anyone suggest how to troubleshoot this further given that we are on cloud?

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask when executing task 242647 raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask:
Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsCaller.SsrsException: The SSRS server returned the status code 500 (InternalServerError) with the following error text:
An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'Quote'. ---> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsCaller.SoapCaller.Call[TContent,TResponse,TSoapHeader](String actionName, TContent content, TSoapHeader soapHeader) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsCaller\SoapCaller.cs:line 47
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsCaller.ReportExecutionService.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, String& extension, String& mimeType, String& encoding, Warning[]& warnings, String[]& streamIds) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsCaller\ReportExecutionService.cs:line 75
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.Render(SsrsRenderInformationBase renderInformation) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 143
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<RenderDocument>b__0() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.cs:line 49
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.TraceReportRendered(String printProgram, String ssrsRenderFormat, Func`1 timedAction) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 81
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.RenderDocument(SsrsRenderInformationBase renderInformation, String reportPath, ParameterValue[] parameters) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.cs:line 42
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.RenderReport_HttpClient(String ssrsRenderFormat, String printProgram, Boolean ignorePageSettings) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 344
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.RenderReport(String ssrsRenderFormat, String printProgram, Boolean ignorePageSettings) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 268
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.RenderReportForPreviewOrGenerate(RenderedSsrsReport renderedReport) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 483
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 156
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.StandardReportProcessor.ProcessReportParts() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\StandardReportProcessor.cs:line 31
   at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.ProcessReport(ReportDatabaseBuilder reportDatabaseBuilder, ReportInstanceInformation reportInstanceInformation) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 85
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.<RenderUnroutedSsrsReport>b__0(ReportInstanceInformation instance) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 357
   at Ice.Core.RoutingAndBreaking.ReportPersister.Persist(ReportInstanceInformation reportInstance, Func`2 reportsRenderer, Action`1 fillSysRptLstRow, Action`2 processReport, Func`3 filterTableAttachmentsFunc) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RoutingAndBreaking\ReportPersister.cs:line 58
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RenderUnroutedSsrsReport() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 355
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RunSsrsReportIfEnabled() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 238
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.ProcessUnroutedReport() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 231
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.ProcessReportWithDataInPlace(Func`2 executeCommand, Func`2 executeReader, SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 116
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder.ProcessReportWithDataInPlace(SqlConnection connection) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 130
   at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder.XMLClose() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 91
   at Ice.Core.RptTaskBase`1.XMLClose() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\RptTaskBase.cs:line 229
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.11\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 69
   at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.11\Source\Server\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 65
   at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
   at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in C:\_releases\ICE\ICE4.2.400.0FW\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 457

Is there any chance that you updated the Live version? One thing I found was that the SSRS reports do not get copied over to Pilot when you are Cloud. You might just need to import the Live version to Pilot.

You were 100% correct @jkane.
I just needed to Download the report from Live, then Upload the report to Pilot from Report Style Maintenance. Then the Quote Form ran normally.

In my previous On-Prem installation, I used one single SSRS DB for both Live and Test, so I am not used to thinking about making changes in two places whenever I touch a SSRS report. But, I’ll have to learn that new process flow.

Thank you, John.

1 Like